Saul Alinsky wrote many books, most notably “Rules for Radicals,” which continues to influence today’s democratic political environment. Bernie Sanders has been noted as using “Alinskian” tactics on state and national levels for his U.S. Senate campaigns in Vermont and his 2016 Presidential campaign. Hillary Clinton’s college thesis was inspired by the Alinsky model of organization, for which she personally interviewed Alinsky. Barack Obama once did work for the Developing Communities Project, which was influenced by Alinsky’s work.
Some of the key points of socialist control must be achieved in order to attain a “Socialist Republic”:
1. Healthcare — Control healthcare and you control the people. In my opinion, the government at any level should never control our healthcare. Good example is the disastrous “Obamacare.”
2. Poverty — Increase the poverty level as high as possible. Poor people are easier to control with less resistance if they are provided everything they need to live on to survive.
3. Debt — Increase the debt to an unsustainable level, that way the government can increase taxes, which in turn produces more poverty.
4. Gun control — Remove the ability to defend the populous from the government. This method would create a police state. Based on the U.S. population of 320 million people, and up to 300 million firearms in the U.S., this would be a physical impossibility to confiscate all firearms.
5. Welfare — Take control of every aspect of subsistence for life (food, housing, income), again government can control the people with little or no resistance.
6. Education — Take control of what people listen to and read, as well as what children learn in school. Refer to my article “Liberal Indoctrination in our Learning Institutions” – June 2017.
7. Religion — Remove the “belief in God” from school and government institutions.
8. Class Warfare — Divide the wealthy and the poor. This will increase dissension and mistrust.
Mr. Alinsky simplified Vladimir Lenin’s original scheme for world domination by communism. During Stalin’s rule in Russia, he described his converts as “Useful Idiots.” These “Useful Idiots” have destroyed every nation in which they have seized with power and control. Socialism is presently happening at an alarming rate in America. Remember this: socialism is the rest stop on the highway to Communism!