Montana reported 244 COVID-19 cases and the deaths of three more people in an update Thursday to the state case mapping and information website.
The three deaths increased the statewide death total to 1,337 people. Active cases in the state are at 2,562.
The state reported an increase of 7,915 vaccine doses administered from the previous day, with a total of 197,886 doses administered.
The number of Montanans reported to be fully vaccinated rose by 3,354 from the previous day for a total of 58,858 people.
Five out of 10 large hospitals in the state reported having limited bed availability or being near capacity, according to a snapshot hospital occupancy and capacity report published by the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services on Wednesday. Four out of the 10 large hospitals in the state reported limited availability of intensive care units in the same report.
Statewide 109 beds were filled with COVID-19 patients, including 19 intensive care unit beds. Thirteen COVID-19 patients were on ventilators across the state Wednesday.
Montana has reported 98,100 COVID-19 cases. Of those people infected, 94,201 are considered recovered, meaning they meet the CDC guidelines for a person with COVID-19 to be released from isolation. That does not necessarily mean a person is no longer experiencing symptoms or other health effects related to illness.
Another 6,120 tests had been completed by Thursday to bring the statewide testing total to 1,035,440.
Counties added the following number of cases in the Thursday update:
- Gallatin with 36 (247 active)
- Yellowstone with 34 (700 active)
- Flathead with 33 (484 active)
- Missoula with 24 (169 active)
- Lewis and Clark with 21 (208 active)
- Silver Bow with 20 (79 active)
- Hill with nine (25 active)
- Roosevelt with eight (28 active)
- Park with seven (45 active)
- Ravalli with seven (65 active)
- Sweet Grass with five (eight active)
- Jefferson with three (12 active)
- Lincoln with three (36 active)
- Powell with three (11 active)
- Rosebud with three (five active)
- Sanders with three (eight active)
- Carbon with two (22 active)
- Cascade with two (92 active)
- Dawson with two (seven active)
- Madison with two (16 active)
- Phillips with two (nine active)
- Stillwater with two (10 active)
- Deer Lodge with one (11 active)
- Glacier with one (16 active)
- Lake with one (43 active)
- Liberty with one (12 active)
- McCone with one (four active)
- Mineral with one (five active)
- Toole with one (two active)