Montana saw 139 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday and reported that an additional 3,938 residents had been fully vaccinated.
Along with case and vaccination totals, the state reported that one resident died, bringing Montana's COVID-19 death total to 1,578, according to the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services.
In all, the state has 1,069 active cases of the virus, and a total of 337,159 residents have been fully vaccinated. As of Wednesday, the state had administered 729,328 doses of the vaccine since the rollout began in December 2020.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention considers a person to be fully inoculated two weeks after receiving a final required vaccine dose. The Associated Press has reported that about 54% of eligible adults in Montana had yet to receive their first vaccine dose. However, around 96% of Montanans who had received a first dose followed through with a second.
Multiple county health departments have announced walk-in vaccine clinics in an effort to ensure that no doses allotted go to waste, and information on vaccine availability can be found at vaccinefinder.org.
Over the last four days the state had seen its number of new cases slowly rise. Wednesday's lower case numbers reverses the trend, bringing them back down. Overall, the state has seen a total of 109,455 COVID-19 cases, 106,808 of which have recovered.
COVID hospitalizations have continue to slowly climb. On Wednesday, the state had 66 residents in the hospital due to COVID-19 infections, up from 62 on Tuesday and 59 on Monday. The virus has put a total of 5,049 residents in the hospital since the start of the pandemic.
Counties added the following number of cases in Wednesday’s update:
- Yellowstone County with 28 (166 active)
- Flathead County with 22 (138 active)
- Gallatin County with 18 (126 active)
- Cascade County with 14 (181 active)
- Park County with 12 (63 active)
- Hill County with six (13 active)
- Lewis and Clark County with five (92 active)
- Missoula County with five (45 active)
- Blaine County with four (23 active)
- Carbon County with four (four active)
- Roosevelt County with three (11 active)
- Valley County with three (eight active)
- Custer County with two (nine active)
- Lincoln County with two (seven active)
- Ravalli County with two (29 active)
- Sweet Grass County with two (two active)
- Big Horn County with one (17 active)
- Chouteau County with one (three active)
- Fergus County with one (nine active)
- Lake County with one (29 active)
- Madison County with one (seven active)
- Rosebud County with one (13 active)
- Silver Bow County with one (14 active)