Montana reported 156 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, and another death due to the virus has been confirmed.
The additional cases brought the number of active cases in Montana to 1,045, according to the state virus mapping and tracking website. After the reconciliation of data between county health officials and the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services, the statewide death toll since the start of the pandemic rose to 1,571.
Flathead County reported that two of its residents had died of complications from COVID-19. The virus has killed at total of 93 people living in Flathead County. Deaths in Valley County dropped by one, with 18 residents now confirmed to have died after contracting the virus.
Montana health care workers have administered just over 713,267 doses of COVID-19 vaccines, up by more than 10,000 the previous day. Those doses have led to just under 327,000 Montanans now considered to be fully vaccinated against the virus. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention considers a person to be completely immunized two weeks after receiving a final required vaccine dose.
The latest information on vaccine availability can be found through local public health departments by visiting vaccinefinder.org.
The number of Montanans hospitalized because of COVID-19 since the state’s first case in March 2020 rose to 5,008 on Friday. Current hospitalizations dropped to 50, down four from the day prior.
Since the state’s first case last spring, 108,817 Montana residents have tested positive for COVID-19. Among those who have tested positive, with 106,201 are considered to be recovered. The CDC considers a person to be recovered 10 days after the onset of symptoms. That only entails that the infected person can safely leave isolation, and not necessarily that all of the health issues caused by the virus have dissipated.
Another 3,457 tests were completed by Friday, for a total of 1,298,553.
Counties added the following number of cases in Friday’s update:
- Yellowstone County with 26 (171 active)
- Gallatin County with 23 (170 active)
- Flathead County with 13 (115 active)
- Big Horn County with 12 (17 active)
- Lewis and Clark County with 12 (65 active)
- Ravalli County with nine (40 active)
- Richland County with nine (seven active)
- Blaine County with seven (13 active)
- Cascade County with six (147 active)
- Missoula County with six (66 active)
- Deer Lodge County with five (three active)
- Silver Bow County with five (19 active)
- Lake County with four (24 active)
- Custer County with three (three active)
- Pondera County with three (11 active)
- Madison County with two (nine active)
- Roosevelt County with two (11 active)
- Broadwater County with one (five active)
- Hill County with one (nine active)
- Jefferson County with one (five active)
- Lincoln County with one (seven active)
- Park County with one (51 active)
- Powell County with one (five active)
- Rosebud County with one (11 active)
- Toole with one (three active)
- Valley County with one (11 active)