Jimie Paul Mayes


Sexual assault at Walmart

Police arrested a 52-year-old Butte man on Monday for groping a woman from behind in Walmart earlier this month.

According to police, they were called to the Butte Probation and Parole office Monday morning to arrest Jimie Mayes, who had two misdemeanor warrants for theft and one for sexual assault.

Police said Mayes was in Walmart on Feb. 1 around 10:30 p.m., when he got behind a woman shopping, pressed his body against hers and wrapped his arms around her, walking with her around the store this way for some time. Police said Mayes also attempted to grab other women in the store and stole both beer and headphones.

After going through security footage and obtaining the license plate number of the truck Mayes was driving, police were able to identify him and issue the three misdemeanor warrants for his arrest.

Mayes has been a registered violent offender in Montana since 2013.

Partner/family member assault 

A 38-year-old man was arrested Monday on a pair of warrants, one for partner or family member assault and another for criminal contempt.

Police responded to a disturbance call at a residence in the 3400 block of Hillcrest Drive at 11:55 a.m. There, officers spoke with a woman who said Robert Rajala had been drinking. When she confronted him about it, he grabbed her by the neck and pulled her hair, according to police.

Register for more free articles.
Stay logged in to skip the surveys.

After speaking with the woman, a $100,000 felony PFMA warrant was issued for Rajala’s arrest. At 1:30 p.m., police located Rajala at the Days Inn on Cornell Avenue, where he was taken into custody.

Officers also determined Rajala had a $1,500 criminal contempt warrant for failure to appear out of Butte City Court.

A desire to go to jail 

Be the first to know - Sign up for Breaking News

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Police arrested a 60-year-old man after he broke a window and said he wanted to go to jail.

At 9:30 p.m. on Monday, police said Robert Watt came into the Uptown police station lobby and began harassing dispatch. Watt wanted to talk with an officer, but several officers had already talked with him and advised him to leave the lobby, police said.

Watt then reportedly left the lobby, walked over to the old Homeward Bound building on North Main Street and broke a window. He then returned to the police station, informed dispatch of his crime and said he wanted to go to jail — so he did. 

Watt was booked in the county jail for criminal mischief, a misdemeanor.

— The Montana Standard

Sign up for our Crime & Courts newsletter

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Load comments