Skip to main content
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit

Man and dog escape fire at KOA

  • 0
KOA fire

A quick-moving fire claimed a residence at KOA on Monday night.

A 29-year-old man and his miniature beagle, Max, escaped from a quick-moving fire at the KOA on Kaw Avenue on Monday night.

Authorities received a report of the fire at 9:38 p.m. A propane heater malfunction caused the blaze to erupt, said Jeff Miller, director of fire services. The man noticed a blue flame traveling up the wall and fled.

The flames destroyed the camp trailer. It was worth about $5,000. Another $2,000 in items also received damage, Miller said.

The man and his dog stayed at a hotel Monday night with assistance from the American Red Cross. The organization is working to secure a few more nights for the duo and help replace some of the items destroyed.

A neighboring trailer received some damage from radiant heat.

No injuries were reported. Miller said seven firefighters with three engines responded to the blaze.

 

Contact Brandt at 406-496-5519 or angela.brandt@mtstandard.com.

0
0
0
0
0

Be the first to know

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News