Wednesday, Aug. 14
BROWN BAG LUNCH
The Butte-Silver Bow Public Archives, 17 W. Quartz St., will continue its Brown Bag Lunch series at noon Wednesday, Aug. 14, with a presentation by George Polich and Bob LeFever. Inspired by their volunteer work on the C. Owen Smithers photo collection, they have assembled a slide show about the history of aeronautics in Butte. Guests are encouraged to bring a sack lunch. Coffee and water will be provided.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- United Veterans Council meets at 7 p.m. in the American Legion Hall at 3201 Wynne Ave.
- Butte Convention and Visitors Bureau will meet at noon at the Butte Chamber of Commerce, 1000 George St. Questions and comments can forwarded to Maria Pochervina at email@example.com.
- Warped Weavers meet 6 to 8 p.m. at the Butte-Silver Bow Public Library, third floor, 226 W. Broadway St. Curious about weaving? Come watch, ask questions; there may be a loom for you to try. Details: 406-782-5784.
- Butte Chess Club meets from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Butte Public Library (first floor).
- Butte Kiwanis will meet at noon at Perkins.
- Overeaters Anonymous meets at 6 p.m. at Gold Hill Lutheran Church, 934 Placer St. Details: 406-533-5454.
- Women's AA meetings are at 6:30 p.m. at The Springs, 300 Mount Highland Drive.
- Wii games are played from 4 to 5 p.m. at the Butte Public Library's Teen Zone.
- Living Word Prayer group meets at 7 p.m. in the office building of St. John the Evangelist Church, 1500 Majors St. Details: 406-593-1218.
- Butte Sunrise Kiwanis Club meets 7 a.m. at Perkins. Guest speaker Bob Worley will talk about the council-manager form of government.