SUNDAY, JAN. 20
Snöflinga, Montana's popular winter festival, concludes. Today’s schedule is:
- Noon to 2 p.m. at Community Ice Center, Clark's Park: Curling.
- 9:30 a.m. at Homestake Lodge, 520 Upper Rader Creek Road, Whitehall: Homestake Hustle Nordic Ski Races (adult).
- 11 a.m. at Homestake Lodge, 520 Upper Rader Creek Road, Whitehall: Homestake Hustle Nordic Ski Races (youth).
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Skijoring competition site, 2900 Hansen Road: Skijoring.
- 12:30 p.m. at Montana Tech Trails, Check-in for Fat Bike Winter Cross Race
- 1 p.m. at Montana Tech Trails, Fat Bike Winter Cross Race
- 1:30 p.m. at Montana Tech Trails, Fat Bike demo/expo.
DANCE AT THE ELKS
The Elks Lodge, 206 W. Galena, will host a dance featuring the music of the John Fox Sound from 1 to 5 p.m. The band will play waltzes, tangos, and Latin music, and the bar will be open. The cost is $10 per person. Details: Frank Snyder at 406-299-2443 or 406-490-3329.
The Cottontail Observatory in Twin Bridges will be open to the public for the lunar eclipse. Hot coffee, hot chocolate, and hot apple cider will be available. The control/class room of the observatory will be heated. Telescopes will be set up and pictures taken. For more details, call the observatory at 406-842-7722. A schedule of the eclipse is as follows: Full moon rises at 4:58 p.m.; Shaded region first visible on the moon at 8:10 p.m.; Partial eclipse begins at 8:34 p.m.; Total eclipse begins at 9:41 p.m.; Middle of totality, 10:12 p.m.; Total eclipse ends 10:44 p.m.; Partial eclipse ends at nine minutes before midnight; Shaded region last visible at 12:15 a.m. on Jan. 21; and finally, the moon sets at 7:35 a.m. Monday, Jan. 21.