Thursday, Feb. 1
ECONOMIC OUTLOOK SEMINAR
The Bureau of Business and Economic Research at the University of Montana will present its 43rd Annual Economic Outlook Seminar from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the NorthWestern Energy general office, Park and Main. Registration costs $90, which includes the "Montana Economic Report 2018." Details or to register: www.economicoutlookseminar.com or 406-243-5113.
LEARN TO SKATE
A free learn-to-skate program starts at 6 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through Feb. 22 at the U.S. High Altitude Skating Center oval. Come learn the basics of skating. Skates will be available. Details: Tina at 406-490-5764, Dave at 406-723-4839, or Facebook at Butte High altitude skating center.
Angela Des Jardins of the Montana Space Grant Consortium will give a lecture at 4 p.m. in the Chemistry Biology Building, room 102, on the Montana Tech campus. She will talk about the "Eclipse Across America: Greatest Public Engagement Effort in Modern History."
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Duplicate bridge is played at 1 p.m. every Monday and Thursday at the Hawthorne Community Center, 3500 Whiteway (enter through the back).
- Rotary Club of Butte meets at noon at the Butte Country Club.
- Visit the library's Nerd Herd for computer help from 10 a.m. to noon on the first Thursday of the month at the Belmont Senior Center, 615 E. Mercury St. Details: 406-723-3361 or www.buttepubliclibrary.info.
- Montana Independent Living Project hosts a group for women with disabilities from 2 to 3:30 p.m. every Thursday at 3475 Monroe Ave., suite 103. Women who have a disability are invited to come for sharing, support, and a sense of community.
- A suicide loss support group meets from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in the Butte public library, 226 W. Broadway St. Call before attending for the first time. Details: Beth at 406-490-1279 or Mary Alice at 406-533-9899.
- Are you a square peg wanting to fit in a round hole? If so, come join the Big Butte Mile High Cribbage Club at East Side Athletic Club, playing at 6:30 p.m. Details: Phil at 406-494-2618.
- Al-Anon meetings: 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Sharing and Caring, 2100 Farragut (rear entrance).
- Mountain Village Quilt Guild will meet for its regular meeting at 11:30 a.m. at the Copper Village. The Annual Quilters Tea will follow the meeting in the CV Gallery at noon.
- Chapter T, PEO, meets at 6 p.m. at Virginia Carsone's home.