Wednesday, Feb. 7
John Ray of Montana Tech will talk about the "Precautionary Principle, Pollution Prevention and Environmental Restoration" from 4 to 5 p.m. in the Chemistry/Biology Building, room 102, on the Montana Tech campus.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Butte Central class of 1968 will have a reunion meeting at 11 a.m. at Perkins.
- Overeaters Anonymous meets at 6:15 p.m. at Gold Hill Lutheran Church, 934 Placer St. Details: 406-533-5454.
- Kiwanis Club of Butte luncheon is at noon at Perkins. Guest speaker will be professional auctioneer and Toastmaster Robert McDowell III. His presentation will be on “Auctions: Past, Present and Future.”
- Women's AA meetings are at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays at The Springs, 300 Mount Highland Dr.
- Al-Anon meetings: 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Gold Hill Lutheran Church; 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Sharing and Caring, 2100 Farragut (rear entrance).
- Class of 1961 will have a luncheon at 11:30 a.m. at Christina's Cocina.
- Butte Sunrise Kiwanis Club meets at 7 a.m. at Perkins Restaurant. Guest speakers will be Alicia Bogert, general manager, and Dan Richards, operations manager for Escapology Butte.
- Butte-Silver Bow Democrats Burros Club will have a luncheon at noon at the Butte Country Club, 3400 Elizabeth Warren Ave. Guest speaker will be state senator Dick Barrett, who taught economics at the University of Montana from 1970 until his retirement in 2007.
- Bingo is held at the Elks Lodge, Montana and Galena, at 7 p.m. All are welcome. The more people in attendance, the larger the payout. Details: 406-494-6614 or 406-490-3329.