Thursday, Oct. 3
A free introduction to mindful self-compassion will be offered at the Hearst Free Library from 6 to 7 p.m. The event is open to the public.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
You have free articles remaining.
- Duplicate bridge is played at 1 p.m. at the Hawthorne Community Center, 3500 Whiteway (enter through the back).
- Al-Anon meetings: 7:30 p.m. Mondays, Congregational Church; 7 p.m. first Tuesdays, business meeting, Comfort Inn; 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Gold Hill Lutheran Church; 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Sharing and Caring, 2100 Farragut (rear entrance).
- The library’s Copper City RPG Club will continue Dungeons & Dragons games on 5 to 8 p.m. in the basement community room. Dungeon masters will be there to guide players who are looking to get involved. Details: 723-3361.
- Line Dancing Class with Colleen Klobucar is from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Butte YMCA. Members get in free; non-members pay $5.
- Visit the library's Nerd Herd for computer help from 10 a.m. to noon at the Belmont Senior Center, 615 E. Mercury St. Details: 406-723-3361 or www.buttepubliclibrary.info.
- Butte Threshold Singers meet at 9 a.m. at the Big Sky Senior Living chapel. The group prepares to sing at the bedside of terminal patients. All singers are welcome. Call Highlands Hospice office at 406-533-0020 or Sue Walsh at 406-593-1218. Alternative practice times are available.
- Montana Independent Living Project hosts a group for women with disabilities from 2 p.m. to 3:30 at 3475 Monroe Ave., suite 103. Come for sharing, support, and a sense of community.
- Rotary Club of Butte meets at noon at the Butte Country Club.
- A suicide loss support group meets from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in the Butte Public Library. Call before attending for the first time. Details: Beth at 406-490-1279 or Mary Alice at 406-533-9899.
- The after-school Manga and Anime Club in the Teen Zone meets from 4 to 5 p.m. at the Butte Public Library's Teen Zone.
- A memoir writing group meets 1:30 to 3:30 at Butte Public Library. For details, contact the library at 723-3361 or buttepubliclibrary.info.
- Play ACC Cribbage with the Big Butte Mile High Cribbers at East Side Athletic Club, playing at 6:30 p.m. every Thursday. Play 9 games against 9 opponents. Details: Phil at 406-494-2618
- Emotions Anonymous, a 12-step group, meets at 7 p.m. in the library of the Hearthstone Apartments, 400 Oak St. Details: 406-563-5402 or emotionsanonymous.org.
- Mountain Village Quilt Guild will be held at 11:30 a.m. at the Copper Village Art Center. Please be advised that UFO #2 is due, and the fat quarter theme is "Halloween". Pick up any quilts you left for Blanket the Town at the Upper Thread; and the reception for “Quilts of Valor” veterans will be held after the meeting. Call Susan Bivins if you will bring cookies for the reception.
- Anaconda Chapter T P.E.O. will meet at 6 p.m. at the home of Meg Boynton, 1204 W. Third.
- The annual meeting of Anaconda Rifle & Pistol Club will be held at 7 p.m. at the Lime Quarry Rifle Range. All members are asked to attend.