Tuesday, July 9
The Forest Service will sponsor its 22nd annual wildflower tour of the Gravelly Range at 9 a.m. Details: Forest Service in Ennis located at 5 Forest Service Road, or call 406-682-4253, or check out the Beaverhead Deerlodge National Forest Facebook page.
The National Center for Appropriate Technology's 2019 workshop series for gardeners and small agriculture operations begins with "Fruit for Butte." The two-hour workshop is free and begins at 4 p.m. Details about the workshop series, which will run every other Tuesday into September, are available at sift.ncat.org or by calling John Wallace at 533-6641.
The Science Mine, 36 E. Granite St., will be open 3 to 7 p.m. Can you boil water until it freezes? Explore pressure and how it is related to temperature, while testing properties of different substances with vacuum chamber experiments!
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Silver Bow Kiwanis Club meets at noon at Perkins for discussion of club projects and events, lunch, and a speaker.
- Butte Exchange Club meets at noon Tuesdays at 16 E. Granite St. (second floor). Details: Steve 782-4253.
- Loosely Knit Club meets from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Butte Public Library to knit, crochet, or craft together in a welcoming and supportive environment. The group welcomes new members and drop-ins.
- Story Time takes place in the Butte Public Library's children's room at 6:30 p.m. Details: 406-723-3361.
- Open AA meetings start at 7:30 p.m. at the United Congregational Church, 2945 Bayard St. Details: 406-560-7330.
- Lego Build is from 4 to 5 p.m. at the Butte Public Library's Teen Zone.
- Emotions Anonymous, a 12-step group, meets at 7 p.m. in the library of the Hearthstone Apartments, 400 Oak St. Details: 406-563-5402 or emotionsanonymous.org.