Thursday, May 16
Are you or someone you know new to Medicare and just don't know where to start? Southwest Montana Aging and Disability Services will be having a Medicare 101 presentation at 6 p.m. Thursday, May 16, at 2103 Harrison Ave. There is no need to RSVP. Any questions, call 406-782-5555.
Butte High School will hold its spring concert at 7 p.m. in the high school auditorium. Featured are the concert band, jazz band, strings and state soloists. Admission is free. For more details, call Jean Perusich at 406-533-2227
Butte Public Library is celebrating Harry Potter with themed crafts and a screening of a documentary about the history of magic at 6 p.m. at 226 W. Broadway St. The public is invited to attend.
Rob Semper of the San Francisco Exploratorium will be the guest speaker at Montana Tech’s public lecture series at 4 p.m. in the Engineering Laboratory Classroom Building (ELC) Room 202 on the Montana Tech campus.
The Dynamic Dance & Tumbling Academy’s will be “Making Waves” at 7 p.m. at the Mother Lode Theatre. Tickets are $15, mezzanine, $12, loge, and $10, balcony. They are available through the Mother Lode box office at 406-723-3602 or throughwww.buttearts.org.
The Butte-Silver Bow Public Archives will be closed for maintenance.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Chateau Quilt Guild will have a business meeting at 7 p.m. at The Springs (community center). There will be an election of officers. New members and the public are invited to attend.
- Butte Threshold Singers meet at 9 a.m. at the Big Sky Senior Living chapel. The group prepares to sing at the bedside of terminal patients. All singers are welcome. Call Highlands Hospice office at 406-533-0020 or Sue Walsh at 406-593-1218.
- The May Diabetes Learning Opportunity will meets at St. James Healthcare, and continues May 23. Insurance can be billed for the classes, which are 9 to 11 a.m.
- Southwestern Wildlands Chapter of the Montana Wilderness Association will hold its monthly meeting from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Emma Park Neighborhood Center, 25 W. Silver St.
- Montana Independent Living Project hosts a group for women with disabilities from 2 to 3:30 p.m. at 3475 Monroe Ave., suite 103.
- Rotary Club of Butte meets at noon at the Butte Country Club.
- Butte Astronomy Club meets at 6:30 p.m. at the Butte Public Library.
- Butte-Silver Bow Public Library at 226 W. Broadway St., will host a memoir writing class with instructor Carol Eaglefeathers from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. in the library’s Big Butte room.
- Line Dancing Class with Colleen Klobucar is from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Butte YMCA. Members get in free; non-members pay $5.
- A suicide loss support group meets from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in the Butte Public Library. Details: Beth at 406-490-1279 or Mary Alice at 406-533-9899.
- The after-school Manga and Anime Club in the Teen Zone meets Thursday afternoon on the second floor of the Butte Public Library.
- The 2018-2019 season of ACC Cribbage, with the Big Butte Mile High Cribbers, takes place at East Side Athletic Club at 6:30 p.m.
- Emotions Anonymous, a 12-step group, meets at 7 p.m. in the library of the Hearthstone Apartments, 400 Oak St. Details: 406-563-5402 or emotionsanonymous.org.