Wednesday, April 17
- Montana Tech’s Chemistry & Geochemistry Department seminar series continues at noon in the Chemistry/Biology Building Room 102. Guest speaker is Sydney Jennings, a Montana Tech Chemistry & Geochemistry undergraduate student. Her presentation is titled “The Effect of Iron-Doped Apatite Nanoparticles on DMS3 Phage Infection of Pseudomonas aeruginosa.”
- Montana Tech’s Restoration Seminar runs from 4 to 4:50 p.m. in CBB 102. Guest speaker is Nora Saks of Montana Public Radio. She will talk about “Richest Hill Radio: Reporting on Butte’s Superfund Cleanup in the Trump Era.”
- Montana Tech will host a guest lecturer, Melissa Clutter from the University of Arizona, on campus on at noon in the Big Butte Room in the Student Union Building. Her presentation is titled, “A Simple, Robust Design of Field Measurements for Evapotranspiration Barriers using Universal Multiple Linear Egression.”
CAR SEAT CLINIC
A children’s car seat clinic will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Uptown Fire Station, 120 S. Idaho. Car seats will be checked for correct installation, making sure the seat matches your child’s weight and age, recall information, and more. Details: 406-497-5016.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- American Legion Post #1 and the Auxiliary will hold their monthly dinner in the new Legion Hall located at 3201 Wynne. Hall will open at 6 p.m.; dinner is at 6:30. Soup, cold-cut sandwiches and potato chips will be served and the auxiliary will bring desserts. The cost of the dinner will be $6. Short meetings will follow. Join us as we enjoy a meal with our veterans.
- Kiwanis Club of Butte meets at noon at Perkins. This week's speakers are Mark Zora and Jeff Hartwick who will discuss the upcoming East-West Shrine game taking place in Butte later this year.
- National Active and Retired Federal Employees will meet at 11 a.m. at Perkins Restaurant.
- Overeaters Anonymous meets at 6 p.m. at Gold Hill Lutheran Church, 934 Placer St. Details: 406-533-5454.
- Women's AA meetings are at 6:30 p.m. at The Springs, 300 Mount Highland Drive.
- Elks Lodge of Butte will host a bingo night at 7 p.m. Details: 406-299-2443 or 406-490-3329.
- Line Dancing Class with Colleen Klobucar is from 1:30 to 3 p.m. at the Butte YMCA.
- Butte Sunrise Kiwanis Club meets at 7 a.m. at Perkins Restaurant. Guest speaker will be Ray Rogers, chief executive officer for the National Center for Health Care Informatics. He will give an update on the Praxis Center.
- Butte Central and Butte High School classes of 1952 will have a luncheon at noon at The Derby. Details: Georgia at 406-782-5772 or June at 406-723-6780.
- A diabetes support group will meet at noon at Metals Sports Bar and Grill located at 8 West Park Street. Casey Nichols, University of Montana Pharmacy Student will be the speaker. The group is free and open to the public. Details: Ida at 406-723-2960.
- The Living Word’s Lenten series “Following Jesus” will be on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. through April 17, at St. John the Evangelist Church, 1500 Majors. Details: Sue Walsh, 406-593-1218.
- Anaconda Sportmen's Club will meet at 7 p.m. at the AOH Hall. Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks game warden, Sgt. Coy Kline will present and demonstrate a recently new program of wardens using service dogs. Mike Thompson of FWP will discuss Spotted Dog's proposed grazing.
- Dillon Kiwanis meet at noon at the Beaverhead Brewery, 218 S. Montana St., in downtown Dillon. Barrett Hospital and Healthcare physical therapists Dr. Tara Fahrner and Amanda House, will be the featured speakers. Fahrner will speak on the new balance program offered by Barrett Hospital and Healthcare. House will speak on the hospital’s aqua therapy program given at the Dillon YMCA.