Wednesday, June 12
BROWN BAG LUNCH
For nearly two years, Suzanne Stefanac has been combing through old newspapers at the Butte Archives for her "100 Years Ago in Butte" series (KBMF 102.5, Mondays at 5 p.m.) Stefanac is this week’s speaker at the Butte-Silver Bow Public Archives Brown Bag Lunch at noon on Wednesday, June 12. She will share the most telling and amusing stories, complementing them with a wide array of accompanying photos and illustrations of the day. The topics are as varied as Butte itself — politics, mining, unions, social clubs, theater, eateries, fashions, health, obituaries, WWI, prohibition and the always entertaining police blotter. Guests are encouraged to bring a sack lunch. Coffee and water will be provided. Details: 406-782-3280.
TWIN BRIDGES TALK
The Rotary Club of Twin Bridges will host a presentation by smokejumper Bobby Sutton on his career with the U.S. Forest Service at 7 p.m. at the Twin Bridges Senior & Community Center, 501 N. Madison, Twin Bridges. All are invited to attend the presentation. Dessert and drinks will be provided.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Butte Sunrise Kiwanis Club meets at 7 a.m. at Perkins Restaurant. Guest speaker will be Juliann Crnich, executive director for the United Way of Butte & Anaconda.
- Warped Weavers meet 6 to 8 p.m. at the Butte-Silver Bow Public Library, third floor, 226 W. Broadway St. Curious about weaving? Come watch; ask questions. There may be a loom for you to try. Details: 406-782-5784.
- Butte Kiwanis will meet at noon at Perkins Family Restaurant. The speaker will be Lindsay Mulcahy from the World Museum of Mining. She will talk about Butte's historic headframes.
- Overeaters Anonymous meets at 6 p.m. at Gold Hill Lutheran Church, 934 Placer St. Details: 406-533-5454.
- Women's AA meetings are at 6:30 p.m. at The Springs, 300 Mount Highland Drive.
- Elks Lodge of Butte will host a bingo night at 7 p.m. Details: 406-299-2443 or 406-490-3329.
- Living Word Prayer group meets at 7 p.m. in the office building of St. John the Evangelist Church, 1500 Majors St. Details: 406-593-1218.
- Line Dancing Class with Colleen Klobucar is from 1:30 to 3 p.m. at the Butte YMCA.
- United Veterans Council meeting will be at 7 p.m. at the American Legion building, 3201 Wynne St.
- Dillon Kiwanis meet at noon Wednesdays at the Beaverhead Brewery, 218 S. Montana St., in downtown Dillon. Drs. Kirk Van Slyke, Charis Harrison and Charelle Minor of OrthoRehab Physical Therapy are the featured speakers. They will discuss physical therapy treatments and advances, explain and answer questions on the uniqueness of their approach to physical therapy, and what they have to offer patients.