Thursday, Dec. 6
DEER LODGE CONCERT
Six Appeal, the world-class a cappella group from Minnesota, is coming back to the stage at 7 p.m. at the Rialto Community Theatre in Deer Lodge. Tickets are $20 for adults and $10 for students up through high school and are available at Valley Foods and Keystone Drug in Deer Lodge, Steele's in Butte and Deer Lodge, the Rialto, and online at www.deerlodgerialto.com. Details: 406-846-7900.
LADIES NIGHT OUT
Ladies Night Out will be at 6 p.m. at the Anaconda Elks and is sponsored by the Copper Village Museum & Art Center. To get into the Christmas spirit, attendees can expect fun, food, and wine. Items will again be up for bid to help you decorate, entertain, and enjoy the season. There will be a silent auction and a main auction. Wine and appetizers will be served. The cost is $10 plus an ornament for the auction.
A National Miner's Day gala will be at 7 p.m. at the Hotel Finlen. Dress in your 1920s costume and join the World Museum of Mining for hors d'oeuvres, a no-host bar, and music as well as a silent and live auction. Tickets are $75 for one person or $125 for two. Member cost is $60 for one or $110 for two. Tickets are available at the museum, Headframe Spirits, or events.ticketprinting.com/event/National-Miners-Day-Gala-31433. All ticketed guests will receive a World Museum of Mining champagne flute. Details: 406-723-7211.
Butte High School will hold its Christmas Concert at 7 p.m. in the school auditorium. The concert will feature the choirs, bands and orchestra. Admission is free.
Just in time for the holidays, "Little Women" graces the Orphan Girl Theatre stage. Shows are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 7 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. through Dec. 16. The Orphan Girl Theatre is located at 316 W. Park St. in the lower level of the Mother Lode Theatre. The patron entrance is through the gate on Galena Street. For box office access, enter through the side door on Washington Street. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for kids 10 and under. There is no Spotlight showing for this production. For tickets, visit www.orphangirl.org/tickets or call 406-782-5657. Box office hours are Monday through Friday from noon to 4 p.m.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Visit the library's Nerd Herd for computer help from 10 a.m. to noon at the Belmont Senior Center, 615 E. Mercury St. Details: 406-723-3361 or www.buttepubliclibrary.info.
- The Montana Independent Living Project hosts a group for women with disabilities from 2 to 3:30 p.m. at 3475 Monroe Ave., suite 103. Come for sharing, support, and a sense of community.
- A suicide loss support group meets from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in the Butte Public Library. Call before attending for the first time. Details: Beth at 406-490-1279 or Mary Alice at 406-533-9899.
- The 2018-2019 season of ACC Cribbage, with the Big Butte Mile High Cribbers, takes place at East Side Athletic Club at 6:30 p.m. Play nine games against nine opponents. Details: Phil at 406-494-2618.
- Mountain Village Quilt Guild will hold their annual Christmas party at 11:30 a.m. at the Copper Village Art Center in Anaconda. Bring a potluck dish to share, a fat quarter or small Christmas gift for the left-right game, and an unwrapped gift or personal care item for our Warm Springs donation.