Thursday, April 18
“Saving the Burg: A story of Love, Sweat and Beers,” a documentary depicting the revitalization of Philipsburg, will air on MontanaPBS at 7 p.m.
DANCES WITH WORDS
The University of Montana Western has announced the next two authors who will appear on campus as part of its Dances with Words series. Mary Clearman Blew will visit the University of Montana Western at 7:30 p.m. to read from her personal works as a guest author.
Dr. Matthew Taylor will present “Parthenogenesis, Evolution, and Herpes,” at 4 p.m. in CBB-102. All lectures are free and open to the public.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- The Southwestern Wildlands Chapter of the Montana Wilderness Association will hold its monthly meeting from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Emma Park Neighborhood Center, 25 W. Silver St. The meeting is open to all current MWA members and anyone interested in joining.
- Butte Democratic Central Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. at Carpenter’s Union Hall. New officers will be nominated. If you or someone you know is interested in getting involved, please attend.
- Montana Independent Living Project hosts a group for women with disabilities from 2 to 3:30 p.m. at 3475 Monroe Ave., suite 103. Come for sharing, support, and a sense of community.
- Rotary Club of Butte meets at noon at the Butte Country Club.
- Butte Astronomy Club meets at 6:30 p.m. at the Butte Public Library. Joe Witherspoon from Cottontail Observatory leads the group in all things star related. All ages are welcome.
- Butte-Silver Bow Public Library at 226 W. Broadway St., will host a memoir writing class with instructor Carol Eaglefeathers from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. in the library’s Big Butte room. This informed writing group will meet to share stories and practice writing.
- Line Dancing Class with Colleen Klobucar is from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Butte YMCA. Members get in free; non-members pay $5.
- A suicide loss support group meets from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in the Butte Public Library. Call before attending for the first time. Details: Beth at 406-490-1279 or Mary Alice at 406-533-9899.
- The after-school Manga and Anime Club in the Teen Zone meets on the second floor of the Butte Public Library. If you love this genre and want to meet others who do too, come join. The group will read, watch, discuss, and sometimes draw this amazing art form.
- The 2018-2019 season of ACC Cribbage, with the Big Butte Mile High Cribbers, takes place at East Side Athletic Club at 6:30 p.m. Play nine games against nine opponents. Details: Phil at 406-494-2618.