Thursday, Oct. 10
'ONE NIGHT IN MEMPHIS'
Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis Presley — those names are synonymous with early-day rock ’n' roll. “One Night in Memphis” will take theater-goers back to the 1950s with authentic rockabilly, country, gospel and, of course, rock at 8 p.m. at the Mother Lode Theatre. Tickets are $75, main floor; $65, mezzanine; $55, loge; $40, balcony; and $15, student with ID. Details: 406-723-3602.
Friends of the Montana Tech Library will be holding a book sale from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. with items priced to sell at the Montana Tech library. Books include science, handyman, fiction, travel and more. Hardbacks are $1, paperbacks, 50 cents, DVDs, $1, and special books priced as marked.
AARP DRIVER TRAINING
An AARP driver's training will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Belmont Mine Senior Center, 615 E. Mercury St. Benefits of attendance include a review of driving rules and skills, increased awareness of how your driving skills levels change over time, and your auto insurance company may offer you a discount for attendance. For details, call 723-7773.
Montana Tech’s Public Lecture Series will host speaker Madison Myers from the University of Montana at 4 p.m. on the campus of Montana Tech in the Natural Resources Building, Room 123. Myers presentation is titled “Assembly and Eruption of the Huckleberry Ridge Tuff, Yellowstone.” This lecture is free and open to the public.
Fifty select wines will be available at the 13th annual “Celebration of Wine” from 6 to 9 p.m. at Holy Trinity Serbian Orthodox Church. Tickets are $50 and include multiple appetizers and desserts. Several silent auctions will be available, as well as $25 raffle tickets for 25 bottles of wine for two winners (drawn on Nov. 24). Tickets and/or details are available by calling 406-723-7889.
You have free articles remaining.
The Southwest Montana Arts Council brings Kent Messmer with his magic and illusions at 6:30 p.m. to the Beaverhead County High School Auditorium. Messmer is an experienced Billings-based entertainer who does stunts and magic tricks with a humorous flare. His act features a mixture of full-stage illusions and close-up magic. season tickets, or individual tickets for this event only, are available at the door. Tickets prices are $10 for adults and $5 for youth 6 -17.
The Beaverhead County Chapter of Joining Community Forces will host their fourth annual spaghetti dinner from 5:30 to 8 p.m., at St. James Episcopal Church, 203 E. Glendale, Dillon. The dinner is for service members, veterans, and their families and is free. Details: Jodie Jolly at 406-925-3563.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Veterans of Foreign Wars will be meeting at 7 p.m. at the Marine Corps Legion Building, 525 Garden Ave.
- Chapter X of PEO meets at noon at Big Sky Senior Living.
- Line Dancing Class with Colleen Klobucar is from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursdays at the Butte YMCA. Members get in free; non-members pay $5.
- Butte Threshold Singers meet at 9 a.m. at the Big Sky Senior Living chapel. The group prepares to sing at the bedside of terminal patients. All singers are welcome. Call Highlands Hospice office at 406-533-0020 or Sue Walsh at 406-593-1218. Alternative practice times are available.
- Montana Independent Living Project hosts a group for women with disabilities from 2 p.m. to 3:30 at 3475 Monroe Ave., suite 103. Come for sharing, support, and a sense of community.
- Rotary Club of Butte meets at noon at the Butte Country Club.
- A suicide loss support group meets from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in the Butte Public Library. Call before attending for the first time. Details: Beth at 406-490-1279 or Mary Alice at 406-533-9899.
- The after-school Manga and Anime Club in the Teen Zone meets from 4 to 5 p.m. at the Butte Public Library's Teen Zone.
- A memoir writing group meets 1:30 to 3:30 at Butte Public Library. For details, contact the library at 723-3361 or buttepubliclibrary.info.
- Play ACC Cribbage with the Big Butte Mile High Cribbers at East Side Athletic Club 6:30 p.m. Details: Phil at 406-494-2618.
- Emotions Anonymous, a 12-step group, meets at 7 p.m. in the library of the Hearthstone Apartments, 400 Oak St. Details: 406-563-5402 or emotionsanonymous.org.