Wednesday, Oct. 24
MOVIE AT LIBRARY
The Friends of the Hearst Free Library will screen "The Pit and the Pendulum" starring Vincent Price and Barbara Steele at 6 p.m. at 401 Main St., Anaconda. The 1961 horror film was produced by Roger Corman. The movie is free, as are the snacks. Details: 406-563-6932.
The second show of the Orphan Girl Children’s Theatre’s season is Disney's “Newsies,” which runs on the Mother Lode Theatre stage. Performances are Wednesday through Sunday at 7 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m. Performances are at the Mother Lode Theatre, 316 W. Park St. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for kids 10 and under. For more details or to purchase tickets, visit www.orphangirl.org/tickets or call 406-782-5657. Box office hours are noon to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday.
A public recitation of the rosary will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 24, and Thursday, Nov. 1, at Holy Spirit Catholic Church, 4201 Continental Drive. A potluck dinner will be at 6 pm, followed by the rosary at 7 p.m. Details: Sue Walsh at 406-593-1218.
The Butte Tourism Business Improvement District’s board of trustees will have a special meeting at 5:30 p.m. at the Butte Chamber of Commerce, 100 George St. The agenda includes financials and funding for music video.
Sylvan Learning of Butte is celebrating its 25th anniversary from 6 to 8 p.m. at 1941 Harrison Ave. There will be several drawings, along with a grand prize.
Montana Western’s annual “Hall-o-Ween” will be from 7 to 9 p.m. Tour guides will lead kindergarten through fifth-graders through the campus residence halls for some fun trick-or-treating. Please meet in the Keltz Arena at 7 p.m. Details: 406-683-7565.
The Butte-Silver Bow Archives is hosting two presentations on a selection of photographs from the C. Owen Smithers Photograph Collection. “Planes, Trains, and Automobiles” will run at the noon Brown Bag Lunch and again at 7 p.m. in the large auditorium at 17 W. Quartz St. The event will showcase images from the Smithers Collection that illustrate Butte’s auto shows, airport, highways, and railways from the 1910s to the 1950s. Guests are invited to bring a brown bag lunch to the noon presentation. Coffee and water will be served. Details: 406-782-3280.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Overeaters Anonymous meets at 6:15 p.m. at Gold Hill Lutheran Church, 934 Placer St. Details: 406-533-5454.
- Butte Sunrise Kiwanis Club meets at 7 a.m. at Perkins Restaurant. Guest speaker will be Jay Doyle, president of St James Healthcare, to talk about I-185.
- The Butte Garden Club has scheduled two speakers for its 7 p.m. meeting at the Butte Archives (upstairs conference room), 17 W. Quartz St.
- Women's AA meetings are at 6:30 p.m. at The Springs, 300 Mount Highland Drive.
- Al-Anon meeting: 7:30 p.m. at Gold Hill Lutheran Church.
- Elks Lodge of Butte hosts bingo night at 7 p.m. Details: 406-299-2443 or 406-490-3329.
- Living Word Prayer Group meets 7:30 to 9 p.m. in the parish office building of St. John the Evangelist Church. Details: 406-593-1218.
- Montana's Peer Network holds peer-run group sessions for mental health and addictions recovery at 6 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday at 1 p.m. at the Butte Public Library, in the Frank Little room. Details: 406-451-3087.