Wednesday, Jan. 9
The Friends of the Hearst Free Library will screen "Remember the Titans" starring Denzel Washington at 6 p.m. at 401 Main St., Anaconda. The biographical sports drama was released in 2000, and also stars Will Patton. The movie is free, as are the snacks. Details: 406-563-6932.
FLU PANDEMIC PRESENTATION
The Butte-Silver Bow Public Archives will continue its Brown Bag Lunch series with a presentation by Janelle Olberding titled “Lasting Legacy: Public Health, Butte, and the Aftermath of the Influenza Pandemic of 1918.” The presentation will begin at noon and run about an hour at the Archives, 17 W. Quartz. Guests are encouraged to bring a sack lunch. Coffee and water will be provided.
BURROS CLUB MEETS
Butte-Silver Bow Chief Executive Dave Palmer will be the guest speaker at the Burros Club's January luncheon at noon at the Butte Country Club, 3400 Elizabeth Warren Ave. The public is encouraged to attend. Details: 406-498-1678.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Al-Anon meetings: 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Gold Hill Lutheran Church; 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Sharing and Caring, 2100 Farragut (rear entrance).
- Butte Sunrise Kiwanis Club meets at 7 a.m. at Perkins. Guest speaker will be Jenny Heglund, Organizer of the upcoming Snöflinga winter festival in Butte.
- Preceptor Beta, Beta Sigma Phi, will hold its meeting at 7 p.m. at the home of Gwen Waggoner, 2601 Bayard. By-laws and traditions will be updated.
- Xi Iota Chapter of Beta Sigma Phi meets at 7 p.m. in the home of Denise Jordan.
- Butte Kiwanis meets at noon at Perkins. Guest speaker is Adam Maes, MTCC AmeriCorps team leader.
- Butte High class of 1961 will meet for lunch at 11:30 a.m. at Cristina’s Cocina.
- Overeaters Anonymous meets at 6 p.m. at Gold Hill Lutheran Church, 934 Placer St. Details: 406-533-5454.
- Women's AA meetings are at 6:30 p.m. at The Springs, 300 Mount Highland Drive.
- Elks Lodge of Butte will host a bingo night at 7 p.m. Details: 406-299-2443 or 406-490-3329.
- The Living Word Prayer Group will begin its prayer meetings at 7 p.m., instead of 7:30 p.m. on every Wednesday. The group meets weekly at St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church, 1500 Majors St. Details: Sue Walsh, 406-593-1218.
- United Veterans Council meets at 7 p.m. at the American Legion building, 3201 Wynne Ave.
- Dillon Kiwanis meet at noon at the Beaverhead Brewery, 218 S. Montana St. in downtown Dillon. Visitors are welcome. Guest speaker is Laura Malesich, spokesperson for the Dillon area Love INC. Love INC is a Christian non-profit organization that effectively coordinates resources, both physical and relational, to meet individual needs in Beaverhead and western Madison counties.