Thursday, Oct. 12
The Steel Magnolias of San Marcos, Texas, will perform a free, fully choreographed, Southern Gospel concert at 10:45 a.m. at the Belmont Senior Center, 615 E. Mercury St. Details: 406-723-7773, www.thesteelmagnolias.com, or www.facebook.com/thesteelmagnoliastx.
LION KING AT ORPHAN GIRL
Disney’s The Lion King Experience Jr. runs on the Orphan Girl Theatre stage Thursday-Saturday, October 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, 21 at 7 p.m. and Sundays, October 15 and 22, at 2 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for children 10 and under. The Orphan Girl Theatre is located at 316 W. Park St.; enter through the gate on Galena Street. As a special treat, join cast members on Saturday, October 14, from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the theater for Story Book Theatre. This is an interactive story hour for young artists ages 6 and under. The Oct. 15 matinee is a special Spotlight Performance.
The Montana Bureau of Mines and Geology will host its next lecture at 4 p.m. in Montana Tech's Natural Resources Building, room 128. George H. Brimhall will talk about "Science, Engineering, and Society: A perspective from civic engagement, higher education, and earth resources." Visitor parking is available on the north side of the NRB.
The Beaverhead County Chapter of Joining Community Forces invites service members, veterans and their families to its second annual free spaghetti dinner from 5 to 8 p.m. at St. James Episcopal Church, 203 E. Glendale, Dillon. Details: Jodie Jolly at 406-925-3563.
PEER GROUP MEETING
Montana Independent Living Project is hosting a peer advocacy group for those living with a disability. The next meeting is 1 to 2 p.m. at 3475 Monroe St., suite 103.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- VFW meets at 7 p.m. in the Marine Corps building, 525 Garden Ave.
- Chapter X of PEO meets at noon at Big Sky Living. Special guest is international delegate Betty Banderob.
- Rotary Club of Butte meets at noon Thursday at the Butte Country Club.
- Al-Anon meetings: 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Sharing and Caring, 2100 Farragut (rear entrance).
- Are you a square peg wanting to fit in a round hole? If so, come join the Big Butte Mile High Cribbage Club at East Side Athletic Club, playing at 6:30 p.m. every Thursday. Details: Phil at 406-494-2618.
- Montana Independent Living Project is hosting a peer advocacy group for those living with a disability. The next meeting is 1 to 2 p.m. at 3475 Monroe St., suite 103.
- A suicide loss support group meets from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in the Butte public library, 226 W. Broadway St. Call before attending for the first time. Details: Beth at 406-490-1279 or Mary Alice at 406-533-9899.
- Gamblers Anonymous meets at 7:30 p.m. at the Aldersgate United Methodist Church, 1621 Thornton Ave.
- The Anaconda Disabled American Veterans Memorial Chapter #13 will hold its monthly meeting at 7 p.m. at the Anaconda American Legion Post 21, Cedar and Third. Social at 6 p.m. All vets welcome. Details: 406-980-0340.