Wednesday, May 15
CAR SEAT CLINIC
A children’s car seat clinic will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Uptown Fire Station, 120 S. Idaho. Details: Mary Jo Stosich, 406-497-5016.
The Dynamic Dance & Tumbling Academy’s will be “Making Waves” at 7 p.m. at the Mother Lode Theatre. This will be a showcase for all recreational and company dancers from the troupe. Tickets are $15, mezzanine, $12, loge, and $10, balcony. They are available through the Mother Lode box office at 406-723-3602 or throughwww.buttearts.org.
American Legion Auxiliary will be honoring Post #1 past commanders, past presidents and past auxiliary presidents in the American Legion hall. The names of those members will be read aloud in recognition of their service to our country. A chicken dinner, salads and cake will be served. The hall will open at 6 p.m. and dinner will be served at 6:30. Meetings will follow.
Imagine Butte Resource Center will have a class on plexiglass drypoint etching at 6 p.m. at 68 W. Park St. The image is made by physically scratching the plate with a steel needle. Workshop attendees will have the opportunity to create their plate, and learn inking and printing techniques specific to drypoint. This workshop is open to all ages 10+ and skill levels. Attendees should come with an idea in mind for a postcard-sized print. Suggested donation is $15 to $20.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Butte High and Butte Central class of 1952 will have a luncheon at noon at MacKenzie River Pizza. Details: 406-723-6780 or 406-782-5772.
- Butte Sunrise Kiwanis meet at 7 a.m. at Perkins. Guest speaker will be Jackie Bergren from Child Bridge, a non-profit Christian Organization that provides support for families who are fostering or have adopted.
- Butte Burros Club meets at noon at the Butte Country Club, 3400 Elizabeth Warren. Guest speakers will be the Montana legislative delegation.
- Diabetes Support Group meets at noon at Metal's Sports Bar and Grill, 8 W. Park St.
- Warped Weavers meet 6 to 8 p.m. at the Butte-Silver Bow Public Library, third floor. Details: 406-782-5784.
- National Active and Retired Federal Employees will meet at 11 a.m. at Perkins.
- Overeaters Anonymous meets at 6 p.m. at Gold Hill Lutheran Church, 934 Placer St. Details: 406-533-5454.
- Butte Kiwanis will meet at noon at Perkins. Guest speaker will be Sheriff Ed Lester. Details: Pat McGee, 406-565-1021.
- Women's AA meetings are at 6:30 p.m. at The Springs, 300 Mount Highland Drive.
- Elks Lodge of Butte will host a bingo night at 7 p.m.
- Living Word Prayer group meets at 7 p.m. in the office building of St. John the Evangelist Church, 1500 Majors St. Details: 406-593-1218.
- Line Dancing Class is from 1:30 to 3 p.m. at the Butte YMCA.
- Anaconda Sportsmen's Club meets at 7 p.m. at the AOH Hall. Sara Sylte from Bear Education and Outreach will give a presentation and a demonstration using bear spray. Bryon Lorango of the Montana Logging Association will speak, and Sean Steineback of the Anaconda Unit will join him in his presentation. Summer events will be discussed.
- Dillon Kiwanis meet at noon at the Beaverhead Brewery, 218 S. Montana St., in downtown Dillon. University of Montana Western professor Dr. John Xanthopoulos is the featured speaker. He will speak about two Montana Western college study programs set for 2020.