Tuesday, April 16
Butte-Silver Bow’s Chronic Disease Prevention Coalition will be hosting a community-wide health fair, free to the public, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Butte Plaza Mall. There will be representation from Southwest Montana Community Health Center, St. James’s Healthcare, Butte-Silver Bow Health Department, Butte Silver Bow Parks and Recreation Department, Rocky Mountain Clinic and many more.
At 4 p.m. at Montana Tech in the Chemistry/Biology Building in Room 102, Lorri Birkenbuel, Ph.D. with the Montana Tech Safety, Health & Industrial Hygiene Department will present “Assessing Particulate Matter Wall Loss with Conductive vs. Non-Conductive Cassettes used for Airborne Mineral Dust Sampling.” At 4:30 p.m., Katherine Zodrow, Ph.D. in the Montana Tech Environmental Engineering Department at Montana Tech will present “Living Microfiltration Membranes: From Biomimetic to Biological.”
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Uptown Toasters meeting is at noon at the Butte Archives, 17 W. Quartz St. Details: 406-782-3280.
- Girls Central Class of 1965 will hold its monthly luncheon at 1 p.m. at the Pizza Ranch. Details: 406-723-5508.
- Silver Bow Kiwanis Club meets at noon at Perkins for discussion of club projects and events, lunch and a speaker.
- Butte Exchange Club meets at noon at 16 E. Granite St. (second floor). Details: Steve 782-4253.
- Loosely Knit Club meets from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Butte Public Library to knit, crochet, or craft together in a welcoming and supportive environment. The group welcomes new members and drop-ins.
- Fine Line Dancers have adult beginner and beginner+ line dance classes at 6 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus Hall. Classes are $4. Details: 406-560-1934.
- Story Time takes place in the Butte Public Library's children's room at 6:30 p.m. Details: 406-723-3361.
- Open AA meetings start at 7:30 p.m. at the United Congregational Church, 2945 Bayard St. Details: 406-560-7330.
Emotions Anonymous, a 12-step group, meets at 7 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday in the library of the Hearthstone Apartments, 400 Oak St. Details: 406-563-5402 or emotionsanonymous.org.