Thursday, May 17
The Daughters of Norway will hold their traditional Constitution Day in the Butte-Silver Bow County Courthouse. The event begins at 11 a.m. with raising the Norwegian flag and singing the Norwegian national anthem, accompanied by Pete Godtland. The public is invited to enjoy Scandinavian treats and coffee from 10 a.m. to noon. There will also be information on Solheim Lodge, which was instituted in Butte in 2013.
The Montana Aging Services Bureau will have a legal documents clinic at 9 a.m. at the Granite County Museum in Philipsburg. At the clinic, seniors will be able to draft estate planning documents like simple wills, power of attorney, deeds, etc., with the assistance of legal volunteers, free of charge. Details: Katy Lovell at 406-444-7787.
The Butte-Silver Bow Public Archives, 17 W. Quartz St., will be closed for annual building maintenance.
Liberty Place presents "LIGHTS ON II: Re-Lit" at the Star Theater in Whitehall. The event features art and handiwork and songs written, arranged, and performed by the Survivors and Thrivers of Acquired Brain Injury at Liberty Place. The drop-in reception is from 5:45 to 6:45 p.m., and the concert begins at 7. Donations will be appreciated. All proceeds benefit music therapy and the liberty arts program.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- A diabetes workshop takes place Thursdays through May 24 at St. James Healthcare. Class time is 9 to 11 a.m., and participants will learn all about diabetes management. There is a cost for the workshop, and insurance will be billed. Details: Ida at 406-723-2960.
- Visit the library's Nerd Herd for computer help from 10 a.m. to noon on the first Thursday of the month at the Belmont Senior Center, 615 E. Mercury St. Details: 406-723-3361 or www.buttepubliclibrary.info.
- Rotary Club of Butte meets at noon at the Butte Country Club.
- The Montana Independent Living Project hosts a group for women with disabilities from 2 to 3:30 p.m. at 3475 Monroe Ave., suite 103. Come for sharing, support, and a sense of community.
- A suicide loss support group meets from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in the Butte public library, 226 W. Broadway St. Call before attending for the first time. Details: Beth at 406-490-1279 or Mary Alice at 406-533-9899.
- Big Butte Mile High Cribbage Club plays at 6:30 p.m. at East Side Athletic Club. Details: Phil at 406-494-2618.
- The Chateau Quilt Guild meets at 7 p.m. at The Springs community room, 300 Mount Highland Drive. The group will be displaying their "Paint Chip Challenge" works.
- The Mile High Back Country Horsemen will hold its monthly meeting at 6 p.m. in the lower level conference room at the Comfort Inn, 2777 Harrison Ave. Potluck dinner is from 6 to 6:30 p.m. Potluck assignments: A-H, dessert; I-P, main dish; Q-Z, side dish. The business meeting will be called to order at 6:30, starting with secretary and treasurer reports then old and new business. Details: Matt Pederson at 406-490-7478.
- A Centerville neighborhood meeting will take place at the Centerville Fire Hall at 7 p.m. Details: 406-782-3642.