Wednesday, Oct. 2
A free community presentation on suicide prevention and the importance of active listening skills will be held at 7 p.m. in the Dillon Middle School gym. Featured speaker is “Guardian of the Golden Gate Bridge” Kevin Briggs, who as a California Highway Patrol officer persuaded more than 200 individuals not to jump to their deaths from the California bridge. In his 17 years patrolling the bridge, Briggs encountered hundreds of troubled people who had lost hope and were ready to end their lives by suicide.
The Mother Lode Theatre is sponsoring Mother Lode-Mother Earth Pint Night, a fundraiser, from 4:30 to 9 p.m. at MacKenzie River Pizza. Proceeds from Mother Earth Brew Company will be donated to the Mother Lode for theater renovations and programming. Mother Lode raffle tickets will be available with the opportunity to win one of seven great trips. Details: Mother Lode box office at 723-3602.
You have free articles remaining.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Butte Sunrise Kiwanis Club meets at 7 a.m. at Perkins Restaurant. Guest speaker will be Kiwanis District Lt. Gov. David Toth.
- Xi Iota Chapter of Beta Sigma Phi will meet at 7 p.m. at the home of Mary Barbachano.
- Butte High School Class of ’61 meets for lunch at 11:30 a.m. at Christina’s Cocina.
- After Hours Book Club will meet at 6 p.m. in the Cavalier Lounge at the Finlen Hotel to discuss Lincoln in the Bardo. Books are available for check out from the library. Details: 723-3361.
- Butte Chess Club meets from 6 to 7:45 p.m. at the Butte Public Library (first floor).
- Overeaters Anonymous meets at 6 p.m. at Gold Hill Lutheran Church, 934 Placer St. Details: 406-533-5454.
- Women's AA meetings are at 6:30 p.m. at The Springs, 300 Mount Highland Drive.
- Line Dancing Class with Colleen Klobucar is from 1:30 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays at the Butte YMCA.
- Wii games are played from 4 to 5 p.m. at the Butte Public Library's Teen Zone.
- Butte Kiwanis will meet at noon at Perkins.
- Living Word Prayer group meets at 7 p.m. every Wednesday in the office building of St. John the Evangelist Church, 1500 Majors St. Details: 406-593-1218.
- Anaconda American Legion Post 21 and American Legion Auxiliary Unit 21 will meet for their regular meeting at 7 p.m. at the American Legion Hall.