Thursday, Feb. 14
BIG SKY EVENT
Big Sky Senior Living’s annual Chocolate Extravaganza begins at 2 p.m. at 3701 Elizabeth Warren Ave. There will be live music. Details: 406-494-4900.
The February Diabetes Learning Opportunity will be from 9 to 11 a.m. at St. James Healthcare. The classes continue Feb. 21 and 28. Participants will work with a certified diabetes educator and a registered dietitian to create a customized self-management plan that works for you. The three-week session focuses on counting carbohydrates while including the foods you enjoy, what to do with your blood sugar readings, and how your medications work. In addition, there will be discussions on what diabetes is and how to prevent complications. Insurance can be billed for the classes. To register, call Ida Reighard at 406-723-2960.
AARP Smart Driving Course is being offered from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Belmont Senior Center, 615 E. Mercury St. This includes one hour for lunch. Benefits of attendance include a review of driving rules and skills, increased awareness of how your driving skill levels change over time, and your auto insurance company may offer you a discount for attendance. Details and to register, call 406-723-7773.
The Anaconda Live concert series continues with a Leon Williams concert at 7:30 at the Washoe Theatre in Anaconda. Williams is a world renowned, classically trained baritone. Tickets are $40 for adults; $10 for students.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Chapter X of PEO meets for lunch at noon at Big Sky Senior Living.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars meeting is at 7 p.m. in the Marine Corps Building, 525 Warren Ave.
- The Montana Independent Living Project hosts a group for women with disabilities from 2 to 3:30 p.m. at 3475 Monroe Ave., suite 103. Come for sharing, support, and a sense of community.
- Rotary Club of Butte meets at noon at the Butte Country Club.
- A suicide loss support group meets from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in the Butte Public Library. Call before attending for the first time. Details: Beth at 406-490-1279 or Mary Alice at 406-533-9899.
- The 2018-2019 season of ACC Cribbage, with the Big Butte Mile High Cribbers, takes place at East Side Athletic Club at 6:30 p.m. every Thursday. Play nine games against nine opponents. Details: Phil at 406-494-2618.