Thursday, Sept. 13
The 19th annual Montana Tech Career Fair will be held from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on the Montana Tech campus in the Health, Physical Education and Recreation (HPER) Complex. Following the career fair, employers have the opportunity to conduct face-to-face interviews on Friday, Sept. 14. Call 406-496-4140 with any questions or for more personal assistance.
AARP Smart Driving Course will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Belmont Senior Center on Continental Drive in Butte. This includes one hour for lunch. Details and to register, call 406-723-7773.
An opening reception will be held for an exhibition at the University of Montana-Western’s Fine Arts Gallery of contemporary ceramic work from a diverse group of artists affiliated with the Clay Studio of Missoula. The event is free and open to the public.
The September Diabetes Learning Opportunity begins at St. James Healthcare and continues Sept. 20 and 27. The classes are from 9 to 11 a.m. Participants will work with a certified diabetes educator and a registered dietitian to create a customized self-management plan.
"Raising Tech-Safe Kids", a free workshop for parents, grandparents and mentors, will be presented at Highland View Christian School, 2504 Grand Ave. Dates are 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Friday and 10:45 a.m. to noon Saturday, followed by a free lunch, and then 2 to 5 p.m.
Anthony Dukes, professor of marketing at the University of Southern California, will give a guest lecture from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. in UM Western Main Hall room 218 titled “Different People, Different Prices: Labeling Consumers.”
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Rotary Club of Butte meets at noon at the Butte Country Club.
- Members of the VFW will meet at 7 p.m. at the Marine Corps League Building in Butte.
- The Montana Independent Living Project hosts a group for women with disabilities from 2 to 3:30 p.m. at 3475 Monroe Ave., suite 103. Come for sharing, support, and a sense of community.
- A suicide loss support group meets from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in the Butte Public Library, 226 W. Broadway St. Call before attending for the first time. Details: Beth at 406-490-1279 or Mary Alice at 406-533-9899.
- ACC Cribbage with the Big Butte Mile High Cribbers takes place at East Side Athletic Club at 6:30 p.m. Play 9 games against 9 opponents. Details: Phil at 406-494-2618.
- Books and Babies starts at 11 a.m. and story time follows at 11:15 in the Butte Public Library’s children’s room every Friday. Details: 406-723-3361.