BROWN BAG LUNCH
The Butte-Silver Bow Public Archives will continue its Brown Bag Lunch series at noon with a presentation by Archives staff member Kim Murphy Kohn about Sanborn fire insurance maps. Fire insurance maps helped insurance companies assess the potential risks involved in underwriting policies. Coffee and water will be provided. Details: 406-782-3280.
The city-wide Catholic confirmation classes for Butte High and Butte Central students’ grade 9-12 will be from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Butte Central High School Auditorium. At least one parent must attend with the student. For more details, call Seaneen at 406-723-5407.
You have free articles remaining.
Volunteers at Big Hole Battlefield will join hundreds of thousands of people across the nation in a volunteer effort for National Public Lands Day. The event kicks off at 9 a.m. Volunteers will help park staff in a trash pickup. Bring your family, friends, classmates, students, or coworkers to spend the day outdoors celebrating public lands. Volunteers do not need to register for this event, but are requested to arrive at 9 a.m. to ensure they can fill out volunteer agreements and hear project instructions and safety briefings.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Preceptor Beta, Beta Sigma Phi, will hold its meeting at 7 p.m. in the home of Bette Jeanne Brush, 20 Bittersweet.
- Butte Chess Club meets from 6 to 7:45 p.m. at the Butte Public Library (first floor).
- Butte Sunrise Kiwanis Club meets 7 a.m. at Perkins.
- Overeaters Anonymous meets at 6 p.m. at Gold Hill Lutheran Church, 934 Placer St. Details: 406-533-5454.
- Women's AA meetings are at 6:30 p.m. at The Springs, 300 Mount Highland Drive.
- Wii games are played from 4 to 5 p.m. at the Butte Public Library's Teen Zone.
- Butte Kiwanis will meet at noon at Perkins.
- Living Word Prayer group meets at 7 p.m. in the office building of St. John the Evangelist Church, 1500 Majors St. Details: 406-593-1218.