Wednesday, July 10
BROWN BAG LUNCH
The Butte-Silver Bow Public Archives, 17 W. Quartz St., will continue its Brown Bag Lunch series at noon with a presentation by Don Plessas about how to recreate a lost neighborhood using archival sources. In this talk, Plessas will demonstrate how he created his book, “Katie's Story,” about Meaderville. He will show how other people can work together and recreate their Lost Neighborhood with the resources available at the Butte Archives. Guests are encouraged to bring a sack lunch. Coffee and water will be provided. Details: 406-782-3280.
Headframe Spirits will host a Drink It Like You Mean It benefit for the Butte Public Library Foundation from 5 to 8 p.m. A portion of drink proceeds will be donated to the foundation. The library foundation provides support for library materials, facilities, and programs. For more information, contact the library at 723-3361 or visit www.buttepubliclibrary.info
- The Walkerville Town Council will hold a public hearing at 7 p.m. at the Town Hall, 40 W. Daly St. The hearing is concerning the garbage pick-up for the town. The county would expand the pick-up and it would go on the taxes.
- Veterans Affairs officials Todd Dunlap and Duane Cunningham will do a presentation on options under the new Mission Act health care program and then help enroll veterans in the new program at 7:30 p.m. at the new American Legion Hall at 3201 Wynne Ave. Dunlap and Cunningham work at the Fort Harrison VA center.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Al-Anon meetings: 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Gold Hill Lutheran Church; 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Sharing and Caring, 2100 Farragut (rear entrance).
- Butte Sunrise Kiwanis Club meets at 7 a.m at Perkins Restaurant. Guest speaker will be Sean Wisner with the nonprofit organization Butte SPIRIT Center.
- Warped Weavers meet 6 to 8 p.m. at the Butte-Silver Bow Public Library, third floor, 226 W. Broadway St. Curious about weaving? Come watch, ask questions; there may be a loom for you to try. Details: 406-782-5784.
- Butte Chess Club meets from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Butte Public Library (first floor).
- Butte Kiwanis will meet at noon at Perkins Family Restaurant.
- Overeaters Anonymous meets at 6 p.m. at Gold Hill Lutheran Church, 934 Placer St. Details: 406-533-5454.
- Women's AA meetings are at 6:30 p.m. at The Springs, 300 Mount Highland Drive.
- Wii games are played from 4 to 5 p.m. at the Butte Public Library's Teen Zone.
- Living Word Prayer group meets at 7 p.m. in the office building of St. John the Evangelist Church, 1500 Majors St. Details: 406-593-1218.
- Line Dancing Class with Colleen Klobucar is from 1:30 to 3 p.m. at the Butte YMCA.
- Dillon Kiwanis meet at noon at the Beaverhead Brewery, 218 S. Montana St., in downtown Dillon. Katie Lovett, University of Montana Western (UMW) head volleyball coach, is the featured speaker. Lovett, in her first season at Montana Western, will discuss the upcoming Bulldog volleyball season.