Wednesday, March 13
BROWN BAG LUNCH
The Butte-Silver Bow Public Archives will continue its Brown Bag Lunch series at noon with a presentation by Ellen Crain about how the historical collections in the Butte Archives inform on Butte’s past. The Archives receives some wonderful collections and they provide the researcher valuable information on the history of Butte-Silver Bow. A prime example would be the Lowry-Thorn Collection, which, according to Crain, gives us a wonderful and colorful view of the mid 1880’s in Butte City. Crain will discuss the Lowry Thorn Collection and share the details uncovered in this collection. Guests are encouraged to bring a sack lunch. Coffee and water will be provided. Details: 406-782-3280.
Montana Tech’s Restoration Seminar runs from 4 to 4:50 p.m. in CBB 102. Guest speaker is Missoula artist Monte Dolack, who will talk about “Art and Environmental Awareness.”
The Friends of the Hearst Free Library in Anaconda will show the Peter Sellers classic, “A Shot in the Dark” at 6 p.m. at 401 Main St., Anaconda. The movie is free, and so are the snacks. The 1964 comedy featuring Sellers as the inept Inspector Jacques Clouseau, is the second installment in the Pink Panther film series.
The Walkerville Town Council meeting is at 7 p.m. in the Walkerville Town Hall, 40 W. Daly St. Topics to be discussed include the expansion of the no-shooting area within Butte-Silver Bow and the Town of Walkerville.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Overeaters Anonymous meets at 6 p.m. at Gold Hill Lutheran Church, 934 Placer St. Details: 406-533-5454.
- Women's AA meetings are at 6:30 p.m. at The Springs, 300 Mount Highland Drive.
- Elks Lodge of Butte will host a bingo night at 7 p.m. Details: 406-299-2443 or 406-490-3329.
- Living Word Prayer Group will begin its prayer meetings at 7 p.m. at St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church, 1500 Majors St. Details: Sue Walsh, 406-593-1218.
- Butte Sunrise Kiwanis Club meets at 7 a.m. at Perkins. Guest speaker will be Sister Mary Jo McDonald. She will talk about the tailings cleanup in the corridor from Texas Avenue to the confluence by the Chamber, as well as Silver Lake water.
- Line Dancing Class with Colleen Klobucar is from 1:30 to 3 p.m. at the Butte YMCA.
- United Veterans Council will meet at 7 p.m. at the American Legion Hall, 3201 Wynne Ave.
- Preceptor Beta, Beta Sigma Phi, will hold its St. Patrick's Day party at 6:30 p.m. at 1731 Thomas. Secret sister cards will be exchanged.