Wednesday, Aug. 5
BEAT THE HEAT
Butte Pediatric Dentistry is hosting the annual "Beat the Heat" event from 1 to 4 p.m. at Chester Steele Park. It is a free event and all children and families are invited. There will be a bounce house, inflatable zip line, inflatable "walk on water," foam party, face painting, prizes, drawings and a hot dog barbecue. (Please make sure if your children want to participate in any of the inflatable events, a parent or guardian must be present.) Call our office with any questions 406-723-KIDS.
Butte Central Elementary, kindergarten through fifth grade, will be having a fashion show at 7 p.m. at the Butte Central High School auditorium. The show is to introduce the school’s new uniform. Parents are encouraged to attend. To participate, call the school at 406-782-4500.
CAR SEAT CLINIC
A children’s car seat clinic will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Uptown Fire Station, 120 S. Idaho. Car seats will be checked for correct installation, making sure the seat matches your child’s weight and age, recall information, and more. Details: Mary Jo Stosich at 406-497-5016.
DEER LODGE RODEO
The Tri-County Fair and Rodeo is being held through Sunday at the Powell County Fairgrounds, 824 Eastside Road, Deer Lodge.
A special tour on the “Misunderstood Bat” will be held at 6:45 p.m. at the Lewis & Clark Caverns near Whitehall. Call the park directly at 406-287-3541 to reserve a spot. The cost for these tours will be $12 for visitors age 12 and up, $5 for ages 6 to 11.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- The Warped Weavers meet 6 to 8 p.m. at the Butte Public Library.
- Diabetes Support Group will meet at noon at Metals Sports Bar and Grill, 8 W. Park St. Details: Ida at 406-723-2960.
- Overeaters Anonymous meets at 6:15 p.m. at Gold Hill Lutheran Church, 934 Placer St. Details: 406-533-5454.
- Women's AA meetings are at 6:30 p.m. at The Springs, 300 Mount Highland Drive.
- National Active and Retired Federal Employees will meet at 11 a.m. at Perkins in Butte.
- American Legion Post #1 and the Auxiliary will have a work party at the Legion Hall on Motor View Drive in Butte as the post prepares to move out of our building. There will be no social dinner; however, sandwiches, chips and desserts will be provided to volunteers. The hall opens at 6 p.m. and food will be served at 6:30 pm.
- Sunrise Kiwanis Club meets at 7 a.m. at Perkins. Guest speaker will be Mark Thompson from Montana Resources. He will talk about I-186 as well as an update on MT Resources operations.
- Al-Anon meetings: 7:30 p.m. at Gold Hill Lutheran Church.
Dillon Kiwanis meet at noon at the Beaverhead Brewery, 218 S. Montana St., in downtown Dillon. Rick Later of the Beaverhead Emergency Medical Services, will be the featured speaker. He will discuss the ambulance services to Dillon and the surrounding area.