WEDNESDAY, MARCH 20
CAR SEAT CLINIC
A children’s car seat clinic will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Uptown Fire Station, 120 S. Idaho. Car seats will be checked for correct installation, making sure the seat matches your child’s weight and age, recall information, and more. Details: Mary Jo Stosich at the Butte-Silver Bow Health Department, 406-497-5016.
THURSDAY, MARCH 21
Headframe Hoops Classic, Butte High v Central’s alumni & faculty benefit basketball game at 7 p.m. at the Maroon Activities Center.
FRIDAY, MARCH 22
The Friends of the Hearst Free Library will be hosting a book sale from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 401 Main St., Anaconda.
SATURDAY, MARCH 23
The Friends of the Hearst Free Library will be hosting a book sale from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 401 Main St., Anaconda.
The Science Mine, 36 E. Granite St., will be open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Can you build the highest flyer? Learn about gravity and drag forces while building and testing flying objects in the wind tunnel! Explore old favorite exhibits including Tesla coils, stream tables, wave pendulum, and more. Non-member admission is $5 per person; $15 per family, or renew your membership for the season.
SUNDAY, MARCH 24
The John Fox Sound will play music from the Big Band era, swing, polka, Latin, waltzes, and other dance music from 1 to 5 p.m. at the Anaconda Elks Lodge.The cost is $10 for the general public.
The Friends of the Sheridan Public Library will host the Montana Conversations program “Alcohol, Corsets, and the Vote: A Conversation with Mary Long Alderson” with Anne Foster at 6 p.m. The program will be held at the library; doors open at 5 p.m. The presentation is free and open to the public. Funding for the Montana Conversations program is provided by Humanities Montana through grants from the National Endowment for the Humanities, Montana’s Cultural Trust, and private donations. Details: Sheridan Library, 406-842-5770.
The Butte Symphony Chamber Orchestra Concert is at 2 p.m. at the Immaculate Conception Church. This concert features a chamber orchestra with classical guitar doing Platero y Yo by Catelnuovo-Tedesco accompanied by the poetry that inspired the music. Also featured are the Symphony Brass Ensemble, Woodwind Quartet and duets featuring guitar and violin, oboe and bassoon, and clarinets. A $15 donation at the door is requested.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Top O' The Mornin' Toastmasters will meet at 6:30 a.m. Monday at Perkins.
- Duplicate bridge is played at 1 p.m. every Monday and Thursday at the Hawthorne Community Center, 3500 Whiteway (enter through the back).
- Al-Anon meetings: 7:30 p.m. Mondays, Congregational Church; 7 p.m. first Tuesdays, business meeting, Comfort Inn; 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Gold Hill Lutheran Church; 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Sharing and Caring, 2100 Farragut (rear entrance).
- Uptown Toasters meeting is at noon Tuesday at the Butte Archives, 17 W. Quartz St. Details: 406-782-3280.
- The regular business meeting of Butte Citizens for Preservation and Revitalization will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Butte-Silver Bow Archives. Members and others interested in CPR are invited to attend.
- Silver Bow Kiwanis Club meets at noon Tuesdays at Perkins for discussion of club projects and events, lunch, and a speaker.
- Butte Exchange Club meets at noon Tuesdays at 16 E. Granite St. (second floor). Details: Steve 782-4253.
- Loosely Knit Club meets from 1 to 3 p.m. every Tuesday at the Butte Public Library to knit, crochet, or craft together in a welcoming and supportive environment. The group welcomes new members and drop-ins.
- Montana's Peer Network holds peer-run group sessions for mental health and addictions recovery every Tuesday at 6 p.m. and Thursday at 1 p.m. at the Butte Public Library in the Frank Little room. Details: 406-451-3087.
- Fine Line Dancers have adult beginner and beginner+ line dance classes at 6 p.m. every Tuesday at the Knights of Columbus Hall. Classes are $4. Details: 406-560-1934.
- Story Time takes place in the Butte Public Library's children's room every Tuesday beginning at 6:30 p.m. Details: 406-723-3361.
- Open AA meetings start at 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays at the United Congregational Church, 2945 Bayard St. Details: 406-560-7330.
- Girls Central Class of 1965 will hold its monthly luncheon at 1 p.m. on Tuesday at the Montana Club. Details: 406-723-5508.
- Overeaters Anonymous meets at 6 p.m. Wednesdays at Gold Hill Lutheran Church, 934 Placer St. Details: 406-533-5454.
- Women's AA meetings are at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays at The Springs, 300 Mount Highland Drive.
- Elks Lodge of Butte will host a bingo night at 7 p.m. every Wednesday. Details: 406-299-2443 or 406-490-3329.
- Living Word Prayer Group will begin its prayer meetings at 7 p.m. Wednesday at St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church, 1500 Majors St. Details: Sue Walsh, 406-593-1218.
- Butte Chateau Quilt Guild will hold its monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Wednesday at The Springs’ activities room, 300 Mount Highland Drive, Butte. The public is welcome, as well as new members. This week's demonstration will be on "crumble" quilts. If you have any question, please call Julie at 406-490-8714.
- Line Dancing Class with Colleen Klobucar is from 1:30 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays at the Butte YMCA.
- Butte Sunrise Kiwanis Club meets at 7 a.m. Wednesday at Perkins Restaurant. Guest speaker will be Irene Scheidecker with a presentation on the neighborhood markets grocery stores.
- American Legion Post #1 and the Auxiliary will have their monthly dinner Wednesday in the new American Legion Hall, 3201 Wynne. Spaghetti, meatballs, and garlic bread will be served and the Auxiliary will bring salads and desserts. The cost of the dinner will be $6. The hall will open at 6 p.m. and dinner will be served at 6:30 p.m. The Post and the Auxiliary will have short meetings after the dinner. Please join us as we enjoy a meal with our veterans.
- The Southwestern Wildlands Chapter of the Montana Wilderness Association will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday. It will be held at the Emma Park Neighborhood Center (25 West Silver Street, Butte) from 5:30-7:30 p.m. The meeting is open to all current MWA members and anyone interested in joining.
- Diabetes support group will meet at noon Wednesday at Metals Sports Bar and Grill, 8 W. Park St. The guest speaker is Colton McCracken, Dietetic Intern from MSU. He will talk about Continuous Glucose Monitoring as well as current diet strategies. The group is free and open to the public. For questions, call Ida at St James Healthcare, 406-723-2960.
- Visit the library's Nerd Herd for computer help from 10 a.m. to noon on the first Thursday of every month at the Belmont Senior Center, 615 E. Mercury St. Details: 406-723-3361 or www.buttepubliclibrary.info.
- The Montana Independent Living Project hosts a group for women with disabilities from 2 to 3:30 p.m. every Thursday at 3475 Monroe Ave., suite 103. Come for sharing, support, and a sense of community.
- Rotary Club of Butte meets at noon Thursday at the Butte Country Club.
- Butte Astronomy club meets at 6:30 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at the Butte Public Library. Joe Witherspoon from Cottontail Observatory leads the group in all things star related. All ages are welcome.
- Butte High School class of 1969 reunion meeting will be at 6 p.m. Thursday at the Butte Country Club.
- Butte-Silver Bow Public Library at 226 W. Broadway St., will host a memoir writing class with instructor Carol Eaglefeathers from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Thursdays in the library’s Big Butte room. This informed writing group will meet to share stories and practice writing.
- Line Dancing Class with Colleen Klobucar is from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursdays at the Butte YMCA. Members get in free; non-members pay $5.
- A suicide loss support group meets from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursdays in the Butte Public Library. Call before attending for the first time. Details: Beth at 406-490-1279 or Mary Alice at 406-533-9899.
- The 2018-19 season of ACC Cribbage, with the Big Butte Mile High Cribbers, takes place at East Side Athletic Club at 6:30 p.m. every Thursday. Play nine games against nine opponents. Details: Phil at 406-494-2618.
- Books and Babies starts at 11 a.m. and Story Time follows at 11:15 in the Butte Public Library's children's room every Friday. Details: 406-723-3361.
- An anxiety and depression support group meets at 1:30 p.m. every Saturday at 721 S. Montana.
- Anaconda Sportmen’s Club meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the AOH Hall. Trout Unlimited's JC Hawkethrone will present the study of Silver Lake's water seepage into Georgetown Lake. Mike Thompson, Fish Wildlife and Parks' Region 2 Big Game Wildlife Manager, will discuss upcoming Spotted Dog's Grazing proposal. Also, the amendment to the by-laws proposal will be read and discussed.