TUESDAY, JULY 9
The Forest Service will sponsor its 22nd annual wildflower tour of the Gravelly Range at 9 a.m. Details: Forest Service in Ennis located at 5 Forest Service Road, or call 406-682-4253, or check out the Beaverhead Deerlodge National Forest Facebook page.
'FRUIT FOR BUTTE' WORKSHOP
The National Center for Appropriate Technology's 2019 workshop series for gardeners and small agriculture operations begins with "Fruit for Butte." The two-hour workshop is free and begins at 4 p.m. Details: John Wallace at 533-6641.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 10
DRINK IT LIKE YOU MEAN IT
Headframe Spirits will host a Drink It Like You Mean It benefit for the Butte Public Library Foundation from 5 to 8 p.m. A portion of drink proceeds will be donated to the foundation. The library foundation provides support for library materials, facilities, and programs. For more information, contact the library at 723-3361 or visit www.buttepubliclibrary.info
THURSDAY, JULY 11
HIKE THROUGH HISTORY
The "Hike through History" series for adults begins at 8:30 a.m. Debbie Shea and Dan Kelly will share their knowledge on St. Mary's neighborhoods. Walkers are asked to meet at Wyoming St. and Copper St., near the Copperway Trail (beginner to moderate). Each walk is free, but a $5 donation is suggested. Snacks and water will be provided. No dogs allowed. For details and directions, go to www.co.silverbow.mt.us/2143/Hike-Through-History, or call the Butte Archives at 406-782-3280.
An AARP Driver's Training will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Belmont Mine Senior Center, 615 E. Mercury St. There will be one hour for lunch. To register, call 406-723-7773.
FRIDAY, JULY 12
You have free articles remaining.
ALIVE AFTER 5
Alive After 5 takes place from 5 to 8 p.m. every Friday through Aug. 16 in Durston Park. It includes live music, food vendors, and arts & crafts. This year, laser tag and a jump house have been added as well.
SUMMER MEALS KICKOFF
Action Inc. kicks off summer meals from noon to 2 p.m. at Stodden Park. Kids are welcome for lunch, fun-filled activities and prizes in the pavilion. Details: 533-6855.
PCHS ALL CLASS REUNION
Powell County High School alumni are planning a first-ever All Class Reunion Friday and Saturday at the Blue Ribbon Pavilion at the fairgrounds in Deer Lodge. Registration is 5:30 to 11 p.m. Friday at the pavilion. Alumni may want to take in the Bull-A-Rama at 7 p.m. A golf tournament is scheduled Saturday at Deer Park Golf Club with a shotgun start at 10 a.m. for a four-person scramble $30/each or $120/team.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Top O' The Mornin' Toastmasters will meet at 6:30 a.m. Monday at Perkins.
- Duplicate bridge is played at 1 p.m. every Monday and Thursday at the Hawthorne Community Center, 3500 Whiteway (enter through the back).
- Al-Anon meetings: 7:30 p.m. Mondays, Congregational Church; 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Gold Hill Lutheran Church; 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Sharing and Caring, 2100 Farragut (rear entrance).
- Silver Bow Kiwanis Club meets at noon Tuesdays at Perkins for discussion of club projects and events, lunch, and a speaker.
- Butte Exchange Club meets at noon Tuesdays at 16 E. Granite St. (second floor). Details: Steve 782-4253.
- Loosely Knit Club meets from 1 to 3 p.m. every Tuesday at the Butte Public Library to knit, crochet, or craft together in a welcoming and supportive environment. The group welcomes new members and drop-ins.
- Story Time takes place in the Butte Public Library's children's room every Tuesday beginning at 6:30 p.m. Details: 406-723-3361.
- Open AA meetings start at 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays at the United Congregational Church, 2945 Bayard St. Details: 406-560-7330.
- Lego Build is from 4 to 5 p.m. Tuesdays at the Butte Public Library's Teen Zone.
- Butte Sunrise Kiwanis Club meets at 7 a.m Wednesday at Perkins. Guest speaker will be Sean Wisner with the nonprofit organization Butte SPIRIT Center.
- Warped Weavers meet 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays at the Butte-Silver Bow Public Library, third floor, 226 W. Broadway St. Curious about weaving? Come watch, ask questions; there may be a loom for you to try. Details: 406-782-5784.
- The Butte Sunrise Kiwanis Club meets at 7 a.m. Wednesday at Perkins, 2900 Harrison Ave.Guest speaker will be Sean Wisner with the nonprofit organization Butte SPIRIT Center. For details, call 494-2490.
- Butte Chess Club meets from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays at the Butte Public Library (first floor).
- Butte Kiwanis will meet at noon Wednesday at Perkins.
- Overeaters Anonymous meets at 6 p.m. Wednesdays at Gold Hill Lutheran Church, 934 Placer St. Details: 406-533-5454.
- Women's AA meetings are at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays at The Springs, 300 Mount Highland Drive.
- Elks Lodge of Butte will host a bingo night at 7 p.m. every Wednesday. Details: 406-299-2443 or 406-490-3329.
- Wii games are played from 4 to 5 p.m. Wednesdays at the Butte Public Library's Teen Zone.
- Living Word Prayer group meets at 7 p.m. every Wednesday in the office building of St. John the Evangelist Church, 1500 Majors St. Details: 406-593-1218.
- Line Dancing Class with Colleen Klobucar is from 1:30 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays at the Butte YMCA.
- Butte Threshold Singers meet at 9 a.m. every Thursday at the Big Sky Senior Living chapel. The group prepares to sing at the bedside of terminal patients. All singers are welcome. Call Highlands Hospice office at 406-533-0020 or Sue Walsh at 406-593-1218. Alternative practice times are available.
- Montana Independent Living Project hosts a group for women with disabilities from 2 p.m. to 3:30 every Thursday at 3475 Monroe Ave., suite 103. Come for sharing, support, and a sense of community.
- Rotary Club of Butte meets at noon every Thursday at the Butte Country Club. The group will not meet July 4.
- Line Dancing Class with Colleen Klobucar is from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursdays at the Butte YMCA. Members get in free; non-members pay $5.
- A suicide loss support group meets from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursdays in the Butte Public Library. Call before attending for the first time. Details: Beth at 406-490-1279 or Mary Alice at 406-533-9899.
- The after-school Manga and Anime Club in the Teen Zone meets from 4 to 5 p.m. Thursdays at the Butte Public Library's Teen Zone.
- Summer cribbage at 7 p.m. every Thursday through Aug. 29 at the East Side Athletic Club (seven games). Everyone is welcome. Sponsored by Big Butte Mile High Cribbers. Details: Phil at 406-494-2618.
- Books and Babies starts at 11 a.m. and Story Time follows at 11:15 in the Butte Public Library's children's room every Friday. Details: 406-723-3361.
- Retired Mine Workers will meet for lunch at 12:30 p.m. Friday at the Butte Country Club. A meeting will follow.
- Butte Public Library hosts Chess Club from 2 to 4:45 p.m. Fridays on the first floor. All ages and abilities are welcome. No experience necessary, just a desire to play.
- An anxiety and depression support group meets at 1:30 p.m. every Saturday at 721 S. Montana.
- Emotions Anonymous, a 12-step group, meets at 7 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday in the library of the Hearthstone Apartments, 400 Oak St. Details: 406-563-5402 or emotionsanonymous.org.
- Dillon Kiwanis meet at noon Wednesdays at the Beaverhead Brewery, 218 S. Montana St., in downtown Dillon.