MONDAY, AUG. 12
FOOD CO-OP MEETING
The Butte food co-op steering committee invites the public to a meeting at 6 p.m. in the Thornton Building, 65 E. Broadway St. For details, contact Steve Thompson, Butte Co-op Steering Committee, 494-8651.
THURSDAY, AUG. 15
PINT NITE FUNDRAISER
A pint nite fundraiser will be held at Smelter City Brewing in Anaconda to help support P.E.O. Chapter T of Anaconda's scholarship fund for women. A portion of each pint purchased will go to the fund.
The Science Mine, 36 E. Granite St., will be open 3 to 7 p.m. What makes a kite fly? Test the forces of flight while you design and build your own kite!
FRIDAY, AUG. 16
ALIVE AFTER 5
You have free articles remaining.
Alive After 5 takes place from 5 to 8 p.m. in Durston Park. It includes live music, food vendors, and arts and crafts. This year, laser tag and a jump house have been added as well.
SATURDAY, AUG. 17
The Butte farmers market offers fresh produce, other foods, all kinds of plants and a variety of arts and crafts. Vendors line up every Saturday on both sides of West Park Street between Gamers Café and the Phoenix Building from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Duplicate bridge is played at 1 p.m. every Monday and Thursday at the Hawthorne Community Center, 3500 Whiteway (enter through the back).
- Al-Anon meetings: 7:30 p.m. Mondays, Congregational Church; 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Gold Hill Lutheran Church; 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Sharing and Caring, 2100 Farragut (rear entrance).
- Silver Bow Kiwanis Club meets at noon Tuesdays at Perkins for discussion of club projects and events, lunch, and a speaker.
- Uptown Toasters, Toastmaster Club #9765, meets at noon on Tuesday at the Butte Archives, 17 W. Quartz St. The public is welcome. Details: 406-782-3280.
- Butte Exchange Club meets at noon Tuesdays at 16 E. Granite St. (second floor). Details: Steve 782-4253.
- Loosely Knit Club meets from 1 to 3 p.m. every Tuesday at the Butte Public Library to knit, crochet, or craft together in a welcoming and supportive environment. The group welcomes new members and drop-ins.
- Story Time takes place in the Butte Public Library's children's room every Tuesday beginning at 6:30 p.m. Details: 406-723-3361.
- Open AA meetings start at 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays at the United Congregational Church, 2945 Bayard St. Details: 406-560-7330.
- Lego Build is from 4 to 5 p.m. Tuesdays at the Butte Public Library's Teen Zone.
- United Veterans Council meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the American Legion Hall at 3201 Wynne Ave.
- The Butte Convention and Visitors Bureau will meet at noon Wednesday at the Butte Chamber of Commerce, 1000 George St. Questions and comments can forwarded to Maria Pochervina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Warped Weavers meet 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays at the Butte-Silver Bow Public Library, third floor, 226 W. Broadway St. Curious about weaving? Come watch, ask questions; there may be a loom for you to try. Details: 406-782-5784.
- Butte Chess Club meets from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays at the Butte Public Library (first floor).
- Butte Kiwanis will meet at noon Wednesday at Perkins.
- Overeaters Anonymous meets at 6 p.m. Wednesdays at Gold Hill Lutheran Church, 934 Placer St. Details: 406-533-5454.
- Women's AA meetings are at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays at The Springs, 300 Mount Highland Drive.
- Wii games are played from 4 to 5 p.m. Wednesdays at the Butte Public Library's Teen Zone.
- Living Word Prayer group meets at 7 p.m. every Wednesday in the office building of St. John the Evangelist Church, 1500 Majors St. Details: 406-593-1218.
- Line Dancing Class with Colleen Klobucar is from 1:30 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays at the Butte YMCA.
- The Butte Sunrise Kiwanis Club meets 7 a.m. Wednesday at Perkins. Guest speaker Bob Worley will talk about the council-manager form of government.
- Butte Threshold Singers meet at 9 a.m. every Thursday at the Big Sky Senior Living chapel. The group prepares to sing at the bedside of terminal patients. All singers are welcome. Call Highlands Hospice office at 406-533-0020 or Sue Walsh at 406-593-1218. Alternative practice times are available.
- Montana Independent Living Project hosts a group for women with disabilities from 2 p.m. to 3:30 every Thursday at 3475 Monroe Ave., suite 103. Come for sharing, support, and a sense of community.
- Rotary Club of Butte meets at noon every Thursday at the Butte Country Club.
- Line Dancing Class with Colleen Klobucar is from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursdays at the Butte YMCA. Members get in free; non-members pay $5.
- A suicide loss support group meets from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursdays in the Butte Public Library. Call before attending for the first time. Details: Beth at 406-490-1279 or Mary Alice at 406-533-9899.
- The after-school Manga and Anime Club in the Teen Zone meets from 4 to 5 p.m. Thursdays at the Butte Public Library's Teen Zone.
- A memoir writing group meets 1:30 to 3:30 Thursdays at Butte Public Library. For details, contact the library at 723-3361 or buttepubliclibrary.info.
- Butte Public library's Nerd Herd will be at the The Springs 10 a.m. to noon on Thursday. This drop-in session is for people who have questions about their devices. For details, call 723-3361 or visit buttepubliclibrary.info.
- Butte Astronomy Club meets at 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the Big Butte room. All ages are welcome to this interactive meeting. Joe Witherspoon from Cottontail Observatory leads. For details, call 723-3361 or visit buttepubliclibrary.info.
- For more information, please contact the library at 723-3361 or visit our website at www.buttepubliclibrary.info
- Summer cribbage at 7 p.m. every Thursday through Aug. 29 at the East Side Athletic Club (seven games). Everyone is welcome. Sponsored by Big Butte Mile High Cribbers. Details: Phil at 406-494-2618.
- Books and Babies starts at 11 a.m. and Story Time follows at 11:15 in the Butte Public Library's children's room every Friday. Details: 406-723-3361.
- Butte Public Library hosts Chess Club from 2 to 4:45 p.m. Fridays on the first floor. All ages and abilities are welcome. No experience necessary, just a desire to play.
- An anxiety and depression support group meets at 1:30 p.m. every Saturday at 721 S. Montana.
- Emotions Anonymous, a 12-step group, meets at 7 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday in the library of the Hearthstone Apartments, 400 Oak St. Details: 406-563-5402 or emotionsanonymous.org.