This year’s St. Patrick’s Day parade, which starts at noon in Uptown Butte, includes 57 entries. Floats, horses, politicians, and decorated vehicles will be included in the annual Irish event.
One of the longest standing entries in the parade is Harrington Pepsi, which has participated for more than 40 years. In contrast, this is the first time the Philipsburg Brewery will be featured in the parade.
Here are some more interesting facts about this year’s entries:
- The Edmonton Police Service Pipes and Drums Band have marched and performed in Butte since 1985.
- --The Anaconda AOH Pipe and Drums have marched in Butte’s parade for the past 28 years.
- Sen. Jon Tester may spend much of his time in Washington, D.C., but on St. Patrick’s Day, he’ll be in the Mining City.
- This year’s St. Urho is Jonathan Kotka and Princess Urho is Barbara Hepola Burton.
- The Butte Fire Department and the Butte Historical Committee will be walking the parade route to advertise the need for donations to build a memorial for the 57 people killed in the 1895 Kenyon Connell warehouse explosion.
- The Butte Catholic community will be represented with a float featuring St. Patrick (Deacon Bernie McCarthy). Their float will be led by Father Patrick Beretta.
A complete list of entries is featured below:
1. Civil Air Patrol US Air Force Auxiliary
2. Anaconda AOH Pipes and Drums
3. Ancient Order of Hibernians Honor Guard
4. Mick O'Brien Used Car and Truck Center
5. Grand Marshal Enda Bowman
6. Cavanaugh’s County Celtic
7. Thomas Meagher Hurling and University of Montana Hurling teams
8. PFLAG Butte
9. Mainstreet Uptown Butte/Edmonton Police Service Pipes and Drums Band
10. Clarion Inn Copper King Hotel and Convention Center
11. Montana Tech Diggers Hockey Club
12. Philipsburg Brewing Co.
13. East Side Athletic Club, Butte
14. KXLF TV
15. Covellite Presents
16. Tavern Association
17. Teamsters Local No. 2
18. Montana Carpenters LU82
19. IBEW 233
20. Butte-Silver Bow Democratic Central Committee
21. Heenan for Congress For the People
22. Rex For Montana Rex For Montana
23. Kathleen Williams for Congress
24. Harvey for House MT District 74
25. Montanans for Tester
26. Butte Fire Dept. IAFF 96
You have free articles remaining.
27. Over The Top Roofing INC.
28. Yates Body Shop
29. Russ Fagg candidate for U.S. Senate
30. Senior Solutions Home Care and Hospice
31. Ryan Leprechaun Trap
32. Montana Lineman's Rodeo
33. Cricket Wireless
34. Robert J. Whelan for District Court Judge
35. KTVM NBC Montana
36. Tim Dick for District Judge
37. Butte Catholic Community North
38. Wayne Harper for Butte District Judge
39. Tiernan Irish Dancers
40. Cindy Walker for District Court Judge
41. Butte Exchange Club
42. Michele Shea for District 2 Council of Commissioners
43. J3 Trucking and Recycling
44. Miner's Boutique Hotel and Butte Stuff
45. Butte Copper City Lions
46. Butte Toyota
47. Copper City Queens Roller Derby
48. The Montana Standard
49. Summit Beverage
50. Rockin’ the Rivers
51. Mountain West FCU
52. Harrington Pepsi Cola
53. KBMF Radio
54. Irish Equines
55. Ben Pezdark for Justice of the Peace
56. Grant Kier for Congress
57. Trent Curnow