Winter celebration at library
Evening story time at the Butte Public Library, 226 W. Broadway St., starts at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 21, in the children's room.
The subject is “Winter,” and youngsters will listen to books, sing songs, and do an activity. All ages are welcome. Details: Cathy at 406-723-3361.
Anaconda stroll set for Nov. 24
ANACONDA — The annual Christmas Stroll in Anaconda begins at 6 p.m. Friday, Nov. 24, at the Kennedy Common.
The holiday event includes carolers, a visit from Santa, a drawing for Anaconda Bucks, and more.
Free POUND and yoga class offered
Montana Dance Works will be celebrating the holiday season with a community POUND class and a community yoga practice on Saturday, Dec. 9. All are welcome to this free event.
POUND will be held from 9:30 to 10:15 a.m. and yoga will be from 10:30 to 11:45 a.m. Donations will be accepted in honor of A Mining City Christmas and Action Inc.
Come to one class or come to both. New to Yoga or POUND? Can't touch your toes? No problem — all you need is an open mind and a willingness to try something new.
Food bank to distribute turkey dinners
The Butte Emergency Food Bank will be distributing their turkey dinner boxes from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 18, at 1019 E. Second St. Each client has already been issued a ticket and given a time to receive their dinner box.
This is the first time the food bank will distribute the boxes all in one day, and volunteers plan on giving out over 900 turkey dinners.
Animal Control impounds listed
These are animals that have been picked up by Butte Animal Control. If you think one of the following animals is yours please call Chelsea Bailey Butte-Silver Bow Animal Shelter at 406-497-6528 or stop by from 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
- Four-year-old male terrier cross, gray and tan, neutered, picked up Tuesday on 2900 block of Elm
- Three-year-old female Chihuahua, brown, picked up Monday on Alaska and Quartz
- Five-year-old female shorthaired, picked up Monday on the 1900 block of Lafayette
- Two-year-old male orange tabby, neutered, picked up Monday on 1100 block of East Second Street
- Three-year-old male gray tabby, neutered, picked up Friday on the 10 block of West Center Street