St. Patrick’s Day brunch March 10
St. Patrick’s Day events begin with the annual St. Patrick’s Day Brunch, which starts at 12:30 p.m. Sunday, March 10, at the Front Street Station, 800 E. Front St.
Sponsored by Butte Catholic Community North, the menu includes corned beef and cabbage. The cost is $20 a plate. In addition, there will be entertainment and door prizes.Tickets are available at the parish office, 102 S. Washington St. No tickets are sold at the door. Details: 406-723-5407.
Animal Control impounds listed
These are animals that have been picked up by Butte Animal Control. If you think one of the following animals is yours please call Chelsea Bailey Butte-Silver Bow Animal Shelter at 406-497-6528 or stop by from 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
- Twelve-year-old female schnauzer, white and tan, picked up Tuesday near Copper King
- Four-year-old male Akita, brown, white and black, picked up Feb. 11
- Two-year-old male shorthaired orange tabby, picked up Wednesday on 2800 block of Elm Street
- Three-year-old male longhaired Siamese cross, picked up Tuesday
Elk, deer permit applications due March 15
March 15 is the deadline for applying for elk or deer permits for the 2019 season. An easy-to-use application packet is available at Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks offices and online at fwp.mt.gov.
Resident hunters need a 2019 conservation, elk or deer license, and base hunting license to apply for a special elk or deer permit. Everything else needed to apply is in the application and information packet.
Archery hunters must have purchased a Montana bow and arrow license prior to hunting.
To purchase a bow and arrow license an individual must meet one of the following requirements:
- Show completion of a bow hunter education course
- Show proof of purchase of a previous year’s bow and arrow license from Montana or another state
- Signed affidavits are no longer acceptable as proof of bow hunter education.
Hard copies of the hunting regulations will be on the shelf at FWP offices and local license providers in April.
Hunters will notice some changes to this year’s Deer/Elk/Antelope Regulations. The regulations booklet has been reorganized and reformatted for better flow and clarity. In addition, the legal descriptions will be published in a separate booklet.
Skate Friday night at High Altitude
Friday Night Skate Night will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday, Feb. 22, at the United States High Altitude Sports Center, 1 Olympic Way.
It will also be open from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, Feb. 23-24.