The Belmont Center for Senior Citizens, 615 E. Mercury St., serves lunches during the week.
The center requests a $4 donation; however, the meals costs $5.25 each to prepare. All seniors are welcome for lunch.
Salad bar offered at 11:45 a.m. Fridays. Meals also can be delivered to senior citizen shut-ins upon referral by a doctor or social service agency. Free, round-trip bus service is available.
Cinnamon rolls and coffee are served Tuesdays at 8 a.m. The cost is $1.
Monday, Oct. 16 – Spaghetti and meatballs, Mediterranean vegetables, garlic rounds, and a fruit turnover.
Tuesday, Oct. 17 – Turkey pot pie with stuffing, winter blend vegetables, dinner roll, root beer float, and cookies.
Wednesday, Oct. 18 – Chicken noodle soup, Philly cheesesteak sandwich, orange fruit jello salad, tapioca pudding, and a wafer.
Thursday, Oct. 19 – Birthday dinner: pasty with gravy, coleslaw, peas and birthday cake.
Friday, Oct. 20 – Salad bar, Swedish meatballs with pasta, California vegetables, dinner roll, and a fruit cup.
The Belmont offers the following activities:
- Tech nurses will hold blood pressure clinics from 10:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Oct. 18 and 25.
- Flu shots are from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 18, at Wal Mart and the Belmont.
- Sneakers on the Go is from 10 to 11 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The cost is $1.50 a session.
- Bingo is offered at 1 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. The cost is $1.25 plus extra for blackout.
- Foot clinic is $13. Call for an appointment at 406-782-8668.
- Woodcarvers meet at 8:30 a.m. every Thursday.
- Pinochle is at 1 p.m. Wednesdays. The cost is $1 plus 25 cents a set.
- Rides to medical appointments are available (only before noon). The rides are $5 for a round trip and $3 one way. For an appointment, call at least 24 hours in advance at 406-723-7773.
- AARP driving class will be Thursday, Oct. 19. To sign up, call 406-723-7773.
- Birthday lunch is Thursday, Oct. 19. Bob plays.
- The Belmont’s Halloween party is Tuesday, Oct. 31