The Women’s Foundation of Montana, a project of the Montana Community Foundation, has announced an unprecedented $72,000 in new grants to organizations serving women and girls across the state.
The grants made include $3,500 for Montana GEMS (Girls Excelling in Math and Science) in Butte.
The other recipients:
• Hopa Mountain, Bozeman, statewide - $10,000
• Montana Code School, Missoula, statewide - $10,000
• RDI, Prosperity Club, Great Falls - $9,200
• Montana Budget and Policy Center, Helena, statewide - $10,000
You have free articles remaining.
• Montana Women Vote, Missoula, statewide - $10,000
• Girl Scouts of Montana and Wyoming, Billings, statewide - $5,000
• AAUW $tart $mart Trainings, statewide - $5,000
• Montana Girls STEM Collaborative, Bozeman, statewide - $6,200
• Thrive, Girls For A Change Conference, Bozeman - $3,000
The foundation advisory board gave preference to programs that showed innovation, collaboration, and tangible, measurable results. The result will be new opportunities for hundreds of Montana women and girls in computer coding classes, financial education, leadership, entrepreneurship, wage-negotiation training and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) programming.