Skip to main contentSkip to main content
You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
editor's pick alert

Butte home destroyed, multiple pets die in Tuesday night fire

  • 0
Fire consumes home in Butte

A trailer home at 2904 Walnut St. was gutted by fire Tuesday night in Butte.

Fire broke out just after 8 p.m. Tuesday at a house trailer at 2904 Walnut St. By the time firefighters from the Butte-Silver Bow Fire Department arrived three minutes later, the trailer was fully engulfed.

“The trailer was a total loss,” said Fire Chief Zach Osborne

Osborne said a family of three lived at the residence — a mother and her two sons. The only person home at the time of the fire was the 14-year-old, who was able to escape the flames.

According to Osborne, the teenage boy was checked out by A-1 Ambulance’s emergency medical technicians and had no injuries.

Unfortunately, multiple pets did not make it out, including three dogs and seven cats.


Get local news delivered to your inbox!

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

Employees of the FCR call center in the Butte Plaza Mall are all working from home due to the omicron surge. A sign on the front door states “the site will no longer be staffed as all colleagues are moved to remote work,” effective Jan. 7.

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.


News Alerts

Breaking News