Most of the events listed here are at least a few weeks away, and is for those readers who like to make their plans ahead of time.
So, mark your calendar. Here are some very important dates to remember as you make your summer plans.
- Art in Washoe Park is Friday-Sunday, July 19-21. Celebrating its 40th year, the annual event includes more than 80 vendors, food and music.
- The Smelterman’s Celebration is a throwback to the town’s mining history, the four-day event will be Thursday-Sunday, Aug. 8-11. Several events are planned, including a parade, art walk, music, barbecue and a brew fest.
- Freedom Festival, July 3-4. Butte is home to Montana's most spectacular fireworks display on July 3, which will also include a Tim Montana concert at the Original Mine. The festivities continue July 4, with Montana’s best Independence Day parade.
- Montana Folk Festival, Friday-Sunday, July 12-14, in Uptown Butte. Music from around the world is featured and the event is free. Go to montanafolkfestival.com.
- The Serbian Festival celebrates the food, music and dance of the Serbian culture, beginning at 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 3, at the Holy Trinity Serbian Orthodox Church, 2100 Continental Dr.
- An Ri Ra Montana Irish Festival, Friday-Sunday, Aug. 9-11, at the Original Mine in Uptown Butte. Details: http://mtgaelic.org. Admission is free.
- Cookin’ on the Clark Fork BBQ Cook-off and Brewfest, Saturday, July 27, Main Street in Deer Lodge. Details: www.clarkforkbbq; Facebook.
- Madison Valley Arts Festival is from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 10, at in Peter T’s Park on Main Street in Ennis. The event includes nearly 50 juried arts and crafts vendors, and live entertainment.
- The annual summer concert will take place Saturday, Aug. 17, at Winninghoff Park. Brews will be on tap, along with food vendors.
- The annual rock festival, Rockin’ the Rivers will be Thursday-Saturday, Aug. 8-10, on The Bridge outside of Three Forks. Details: visit http://www.rockintherivers.com/.
- Frontier Days is celebrated Friday-Saturday, July 26-27 in Whitehall. Details: 406-287-2260 or go to email@example.com