Summer is underway, and so is a full schedule of concerts, festivals, barbecues and other events in southwest Montana.
The events listed below are just some of the many on tap this summer.
If you have an event you would like featured, email information to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tracy Thornton at 406-496-5552.
- In Anaconda, the Goosetown Softball Tournament will be July 13-15, and is considered one of the best of its kind. For more details, call Bill Hill at 406-560-1197.
- The program “Hidden Fire: The Great Butte Explosion” can be viewed at 10 a.m. Sunday, July 15, on Montana PBS. Learn the story of the Jan. 15, 1895 explosion that decimated the young Butte Fire Department and destroyed a large section of the warehouse district. For more details, contact Butte Historical Memorials on their Facebook page or call Jim McCarthy at 406-490-5299, Chris Fisk at 406-490-0646 or Judy Chadwick at 406-498-3079.
- Beers, Brew and Bikes Northwest Motorcycle Rally, July 19-21, at the Butte Civic Center. Free admission; concert requires purchased tickets.
- Art in Washoe Park, Friday-Sunday, July 20-22. Annual Anaconda event includes more than 80 vendors, food and music.
- Frontier Days, July 27-28 in Whitehall. Details: 406-287-2260 or go to email@example.com.
- Cookin’ on the Clark Fork BBQ Cook-off and Brewfest, July 28, Main Street in Deer Lodge. Details: www.clarkforkbbq; Facebook.
- Flint Creek Valley Days in Philipsburg will be July 27-29, and includes a children’s parade, 5K and 10K runs, parade, carnival, car show and more.
- The sixth annual Bozeman Trail Chuck Wagon Cook Off is July 27-29, at the Virginia City Train Depot area. Meal tickets are required for dinner and breakfast. They can be purchased prior to or the day of the meal. Additional information available on the Virginia City Preservation Alliance website.
- Butte 100 Mountain Bike Race is Saturday, July 28. The nationally recognized Butte 100 mountain bike race includes a 25, 50 and 100-mile all off-road race that draws professionals and amateurs alike. Details: www.butte100.com.
- A two-day event, the Sheridan Summer Festival is Aug. 3-4, on Main Street.
- The Serbian Festival celebrates the food, music and dance of the Serbian culture, beginning at 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 4, at the Holy Trinity Serbian Orthodox Church, 2100 Continental Drive.
- An Ri Ra Montana Irish Festival, Friday-Sunday, Aug. 10-12, at the Original Mine in Uptown Butte. Details: http://mtgaelic.org. Admission is free.
- Silver Bow County Fair will be August 2018, at the Butte Civic Center. Please visit buttesilverbowfair.com.
- A celebration, parade and more are planned in Anaconda Aug. 8-11, in honor of the 100th anniversary of the Washoe Smelter stack in Anaconda and the annual Smeltermen's Day.
- The annual rock festival, Rockin’ the Rivers will be Aug. 10-12, on The Bridge outside of Three Forks. Details: visit http://www.rockintherivers.com/.
- The Ennis Arts Association will hold its 23rd annual Madison Valley Arts Festival from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 11, in Peter T.’s Park on Main Street in Ennis. In addition to the 50 juried artist booths, there will be live entertainment, delicious food, face painting and an art raffle. Details: www.ennisarts.org.
- The annual Ennis on the Madison Fly Fishing Festival will be held Aug. 31-Sept. 1 in Ennis. Details: visit www.madisonriverfoundation.org.
- Montana’s Biggest Weekend, the Labor Day Rodeo in Dillon begins Friday, Aug. 31, and runs through Monday, Sept. 3.
- The annual Covellite International Film Festival is set for Sept. 12-16, in Uptown Butte.
- The 10th annual Butte-toberfest will once again be held at the Original Mine yard in Uptown Butte on Saturday, Sept. 29. All proceeds will benefit the Silver-Bow Development Disabilities Council. Details: www.buttetoberfest.org.