Don’t be fooled – it’s not winter yet. Yes, the weather is definitely cooler, and there is a briskness in the air. That doesn't mean the fun has to end.
Come in from the cold and enjoy the many events southwest Montana has to offer. If you have an event you would like featured, email information to email@example.com or call Tracy Thornton at 406-496-5552.
- The Smelter City Recreation Bingo Fundraiser will begin at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13, at the Elks Lodge, 223 Main St., Anaconda. There will also be a chili feed, silent auction and dancing.
- The annual Avon turkey dinner will be held from noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 14, at the Avon Community Center on Main Street. Hosted by the Get Together Club, come and enjoy a home cooked meal. The menu includes roasted turkey with dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, salads, candied sweet potatoes, fresh rolls and homemade pie. The cost is $8 per plate, donations welcome.
- The Butte YMCA’s annual Pumpkin Swim will be Friday, Oct. 26, at 2975 Washoe St. The first wave for the popular event is from 5 to 6:30 p.m.; second wave 6:45 to 8:30 p.m. Details: 406-782-1266.
- The Granite County Museum in Philipsburg will host St. Phillip’s annual Veteran's Day Luncheon of soup and dessert Thursday, Nov. 8.
- Join the Silver Bow Hospitality Association for an upscale evening tasting wines from around the world at 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10, at the Finlen Hotel, 100 E. Broadway St. Guests will receive a wine glass. Tickets include all wine samples and hors d'oeuvres. There will be a wine related auction as well. The event benefits the Butte Chamber of Commerce. Tickets are $50 a person and can be purchased at the Butte Chamber of Commerce, 1000 George St.
- Finding NeverLand comes to the Mother Lode stage at 8 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 27. The Broadway musical tells the fascinating story of how Peter became Pan. Based on the Academy Award-winning film of the same name, this breathtaking show follows playwright J.M. Barrie as he summons the courage to become the writer – and the man — he yearns to be. Barrie finds the inspiration he’s been missing when he meets the beautiful widow Sylvia and her four young sons: Jack, George, Michael and Peter. Tickets are $95, main; $85, mezzanine; $75, loge; $44.50, balcony, $25 for students with ID. They may be purchased at the Mother Lode box office at 316 W. Park St., or by calling 406-723-3602.
- The 28th annual Butte Christmas Stroll will be Friday, Nov. 30, in Uptown Butte. The tree-lighting ceremony begins at 6:30 p.m. on the steps of the Butte-Silver Bow County Courthouse. At 6:45, the Children's Light Parade winds its way through Uptown Butte to Park and Main. In addition, there will be music and dancing performances at the courthouse rotunda and at the Northwestern Energy Auditorium at 11 E. Park St.
- The Grant Kohrs Ranch will host their annual Holiday Open House from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2. Celebrate the holiday season by stepping back in time to see the Kohrs home decorated in historic Victorian style. View Kohrs family heirlooms on display through the holidays. Some items will only be on display only during the event. Also enjoy children's activities, wagon rides and more.
- Yule Night, a festive evening with cheer in the air, is from 5 to 10 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7, in Philipsburg. The evening includes live music, a lighted parade, pictures with Santa, food and drink, and more. The event is hosted by the Philipsburg Chamber of Commerce.