Police blotter icon

Police reports


Police were called to the 2300 block of Ottawa Street around 11 a.m. Saturday on a report of a disturbance between a man and a woman. At the home, police said a woman told them her husband had choked her out from behind in front of other members of the family, preventing her from breathing. The man, Callen Bradford, 46, was arrested for felony partner/family member assault for a third or subsequent offense.


Police responding to a call of a disturbance tracked a man in a black truck to a home on the 800 block of Main Street around 3 p.m. Saturday. Police said that when they knocked on the front door, Nathan Price, 27, answered and said the man they were looking for had left in another vehicle. Officers then knocked on the back door, which the man they were looking for answered. Police said the woman he was involved in a disturbance with earlier didn't want to press charges, so he was let go. Price was arrested for obstructing police, a misdemeanor.

Register for more free articles.
Stay logged in to skip the surveys.


Officers patrolling Harrison Avenue near Walmart at 2:30 a.m. Saturday recognized a camouflage-colored Toyota truck reported stolen the previous night being filled up at a gas station. Police said the man with the truck told them it belonged to his friend who was nearby, but station clerks said the man was there alone. Timothy Atkins, 38, was arrested for possession of stolen property, a felony. Atkins was booked on an additional charge for possession of drug paraphernalia when jailers found a syringe on him during processing.


A probationer wanted for skipping bail after allegedly assaulting his partner was arrested at 3 p.m. Friday on the 5100 block of South Warren. Timothy Sturgil, 30, pleaded guilty in October 2015 to felony partner/family member assault and was sentenced to a three-year deferred sentence. In July 2016, his probation officer filed a report alleging Sturgil violated parole by drinking, fighting, and failing to get mental health treatment. Sturgil denied the infractions and posted bail after it was reduced from $25,000 to $1,000. On March 27, he was arrested again for felony partner/family member assault and skipped the sentencing hearing for the revocation of his suspended sentence last Thursday.

Be the first to know - Sign up for Breaking News

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Load comments