Crime icon police blotter

Three arrests related to chase

Police arrested three people involved in a high-speed chase on Saturday.

At noon, police received a call from U.S. marshals informing them there were wanted people in the area of the Swiss Alps Casino on South Excelsior Avenue.

As officers were looking in the area, they allegedly noticed one of the wanted people, Erik Hunt, 39, driving a black Chevy Avalanche. The officers attempted to stop the vehicle, but the driver refused.

A high-speed chase ensued.

Police followed the Chevy at high speeds until it almost struck a pedestrian near the 500 block of Iron Street. There, they decided to end the pursuit, but stayed in the area.

While in the Iron Street area, officers noticed who they suspected to be Hunt jump out of the black Chevy and take off running. One of the two passengers in the vehicle took off in the truck again, and officers again pursued at high rates of speed.

The second driver went onto South Montana Street and then headed westbound on the interstate, speeding through the construction zone, police said. At this point officers again decided to terminate their pursuit.

As they were slowing down, police noticed the Chevy was, too. It pulled over to the side of the road, allegedly out of gas.

Officers arrested the driver, Beronica Salas, for three felonies and four misdemeanors: Criminal endangerment of the other passenger and the public; unlawful possession of a firearm; fleeing from and eluding police; reckless driving; obstructing a police officer (she originally gave police a fake name); and no liability insurance in effect.

The passenger, Devin Americanhorse, was also arrested on two out-of-jurisdiction felonies amounting to $60,000 and was cited for parole violation.

Police did not find or arrest Hunt on Saturday. However, on Sunday around 6 p.m., officers responding to the 2800 block of Dexter Street on a different call, noticed Hunt exit a vehicle behind them. They knew Hunt was wanted. When they approached him, he took off running.

Officers were able to catch Hunt quickly. He was wanted on two felony criminal contempt warrants amounting to $50,000. Hunt was also cited for obstructing a peace officer, since he ran from police.

On Monday morning, police said they were still investigating Hunt’s role in the Saturday high speed chase, but they believe he was involved and more citations may be issued.

You have free articles remaining.

Become a Member

You're out of free articles
Sign in or create a FREE account to keep reading.

Possession of drugs with intent to sell

Anaconda police arrested a 43-year-old man and 18-year-old woman early Friday.

According to police, they made a traffic stop around 1 a.m. on a 2006 Chevy Impala with expired license plates near Mama T’s Family Diner.

When speaking with the driver, Shawn Salle, officers said they could smell marijuana and alcohol. They asked Salle if they could search his car, to which he consented.

In the car, officers found a Twix container with a snort tube, as well as two pipes and a baggie with suspected weed residue in the purse of the passenger, Glorie Cooper. Salle and Cooper were separated and transferred to the jail.

While transferring Cooper, she told police she had a baggie of meth on her person that she was holding for Salle.

Due to the large amount of the suspected meth, officers cited both Salle and Cooper for possession of dangerous drugs with intent to sell, along with drug possession and paraphernalia citations. Salle was also cited for suspected DUI and expired registration.

Resisting arrest, obstruction

Police arrested a man for resisting arrest and obstructing a peace officer early Sunday.

Around 1 a.m., officers responded to the 800 block of West Park Street on a loud party complaint. As people were leaving, police said they heard the sound of running water behind them.

The officers turned around to find Macager McAllister, 19, peeing in the street. They told McAllister to stop, which he did.

Officers then asked the man to come talk with them, which he allegedly refused at first. When police were able to speak with him, McAllister initially gave them a phony name, and grabbed a fence so officers could not handcuff him.

McAllister was eventually arrested and transported to the Detention Center. He was released Sunday evening.

Be the first to know - Sign up for Breaking News

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Load comments