- The Butte American Legion Baseball program will be handing out World Series boards for fundraising for the 2013 season on Wednesday from 7 to 7:30 p.m. at the Legion Oasis Hall. Any players wishing to play in 2013 can get a board.
For more information contact Jack Whalen at 494-2542 or Jim Hanley at 782-1391.
- Mile High Little League is sponsoring the 8th year of a fast pitch softball pitcher development program for girls ages 7-18 that are interested in learning how to pitch or continuing to work on pitching skills during the off-season. The program is free and will be at the Whittier School Gym on Wednesday evenings from 7 to 9:30 p.m. The first session will be Oct. 24. The clinic will run every Wednesday evening until the end of March 2013. Please enter through the side door on Ottawa Street. Coaches and parents are encouraged to attend and are needed to assist in catching and working with their players. Please bring tennis shoes and a glove. All Little League, ASA, and High School players, parents, and coaches are invited to participate.
For more information call Sid deBarathy at 490-1191.
- The Annual KCAC Little Kids Basketball will start Oc.t 20 at the Felix Madrazo Gym at the KC Hall. It is free of charge and any boy or girl in kindergarden through sixth grade can take part. The season will last 10 weeks on Saturdays and T-shirts will be awarded the last weekend. Players are asked to use the front door when they enter the gym. Many volunteers are needed to run the weekly program. Kindergarden through second grade will take the gym floor from 8:30 to 10 a.m. Third and fourth graders will play from 10 to 11 a.m. Fifth and sixth graders will follow from 11 a.m. to noon.
For more inforamtion, contact Bernie Boye at 490-8867 or Dan Boyle at 565-7947.
- The Second Annual ‘Lil Dribbler Basketball League will be on Saturdays starting in January and going through the end of February. Last year 84 kids from 2-4 years old took part on Saturdays. The league is free thanks to our two sponsors — Mariah’s Challenge and Pepsi. League organizers are looking for more plastic basketball hoops and any size basketballs to be donated. For more information, contact Mike Bauer at 490-7491 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- MOA volleyball referees will meet Mondays at 6 p.m. at East Junior High.
- Optimum Cable will rebroadcast high school football games for Butte High and Butte Central this fall. The games will air on Wednesday and Thursday nights at 7 p.m. on cable channel 6 in the Butte area. In all, ten games will be shown with each Butte school being showcased five times. The schedule includes seven road games. Paul Panisko of KBOW will provide play-by-play for Butte High games while Pat Kearney of KOPR will be announcing Butte Central contests.
Following is the television schedule of games to be broadcast on cable television this fall:
Oct. 17 Butte Central at Corvallis
Oct. 24 Dillon at Butte Central
Oct. 31 Butte High at Missoula Sentinel
- Digger Scouting Report will take place at noon Mondays at the Vu Villa, 521 W. Park St.
- Open Soccer Pick-Up Games for men and women, are being held at 6:30 p.m. every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, now through August at the Jeremy Bullock Memorial Soccer Complex, at the corner of Four Mile Vue Rd. and Jeremy’s Way, approximately 1/2 mile behind Murdoch’s Supply. Meet at the concession area. Wear appropriate soccer shoes, shin guards, braces, etc. All players areinvited. For more information, call 490-3811 or 491-0232.
- The Knights of Columbus Athletic Club is looking for old team photos from any public grade school sports teams from 1920 to present. The KC is looking to add more public school team photos to its collection. Anyone wishing to submit a team photo can contact Bernie Boyle at 490-8867 or Jim Michellotti at 565-0220 for more information.