CLEVELAND (AP) — Charges have been dropped against two men accused of hitting police officers during a flag-burning protest at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland last year.

The men, 24-year-old Dominique Knox and 38-year-old Joseph Scogin, had pleaded not guilty to striking officers during the protest. Cleveland.com reports (http://bit.ly/2h3GGEq ) the defendants' lawyers said Wednesday that the county prosecutor had dropped charges.

One of the attorneys, Terry Gilbert, says the decision is a victory for free speech.

Lawyers for the protesters say 12 people still face aggravated disorderly conduct and obstruction charges in Cleveland Municipal Court.

———

Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Angry
1
Sad
0
Funny
0
Wow
0
Love
0

Load comments