Wednesday, Feb. 28
Jon Sesso, Eric Hassler and Julia Crain of Butte-Silver Bow will talk about the "Role of Remedy and Restoration in Redeveloping the Butte Landscape" from 4 to 5 p.m. in the Chemistry/Biology Building, room 102, on the Montana Tech campus.
Butte-Silver Bow Public library is sponsoring a film noir series at 5:30 p.m. Feb. 28 through April 11. Each film will begin with a commentary from enthusiast David Abrams. Details: 406-723-3361.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Kiwanis of Butte will meet at noon in the Perkins conference room. Guest speakers are Jeff Amerman and Debbie Sorensen from Uptown Toasters 9765. Sorensen will present "The Power of Welcoming Words".
- Butte Sunrise Kiwanis Club meets at 7 a.m. at Perkins Restaurant. Guest speaker will be Ed Curran, volunteer and board member for the Spirit of Columbia Gardens Carousel.
- Preceptor Beta, Beta Sigma Phi, will hold its meeting at 7 p.m. in the home of Beckie Hoffman, 2903 Bayard. De Roberts will be hostess. Plans for the St. Patrick's Day party will be made.
- The Butte Garden Club will meet at 7 p.m. at the Butte Archives, 17 W. Quartz St. The front doors open at 6:40 and lock for security at 7:15 p.m. There will be two speakers. Butte's new MSU Extension Agent, Kellie Kahtani, and Kathleen Humpa, Butte's new arborist.
- Overeaters Anonymous meets at 6:15 p.m. at Gold Hill Lutheran Church, 934 Placer St. Details: 406-533-5454.
- Women's AA meetings are at 6:30 p.m. at The Springs, 300 Mount Highland Drive.
- Bingo is held at the Elks Lodge, Montana and Galena at 7 p.m. All are welcome. The more people in attendance, the larger the payout. Details: 406-299-2443 or 406-490-3329.