Tuesday, Feb. 27
BEAT BOXING PERFORMANCE
Featuring the reigning world champion beat boxer Ball-Zee and an international cast of world-class vocalists, GOBSMACKED! will be coming to the Mother Lode Theatre at 8 p.m. Beat boxing is a form of vocal percussion primarily involving the art of mimicking drum machines using one's mouth, lips, tongue, and voice. All seats are general admission. Tickets are $35 and may be purchased at the Mother Lode box office or by calling 406-723-3602.
A forum, “Can a Scientist Believe in God?” will be at 7 p.m. in the Montana Tech Auditorium. Cullen Blue, a mechanical engineering professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, will be the featured speaker. He will talk about the relationship between science and faith. The event will be moderated by Jack Skinner, a Montana Tech professor. A reception will follow. The event is sponsored by Montana Tech Catholic Campus Ministry.
Members of the Butte Literacy Program will hold a free tutor training session from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Butte Public Library (third floor), 226 W. Broadway St. If you are interested in helping this nonprofit program, please attend. Details: 406-794-5841.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Silver Bow Kiwanis Club meets at noon at Perkins for discussion of club projects and events, lunch and a speaker.
- Uptown Toasters will meet at noon at the Butte Archives, 17 W. Quartz St. Details: 406-782-3280.
- The Loosely Knit Club meets from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Butte Public Library to knit, crochet or craft together in a welcoming and supportive environment. The group welcomes new members and drop-ins.
- Butte Exchange Club meets at noon at 16 E. Granite St. (second floor). Details: Steve 782-4253.
- Open AA meetings start at 7:30 p.m. at the United Congregational Church, 2945 Bayard St. Details: 406-560-7330.