TUESDAY, NOV. 14
RALLY FOR THE CREEK
The Restore Our Creek Coalition and The Montana Standard host a Rally for the Creek event at 6:30 p.m. at the Covellite Theater, 215 W. Broadway St., to showcase the perspectives of just a few of Butte's vital social and economic sectors: housing, healthcare, education, and community and economic development. This rally focuses on one complex aspect of the whole complex issue: the need to clean all the tailings out of the Silver Bow Creek headwaters corridor in the heart of Butte.
The student body, administration, faculty, and staff of Butte Central High School sponsor the annual Laverne Combo Thanksgiving Dinner for the elderly and homebound of Butte at 5 p.m. in the school gymnasium. Delivery is available for those unable to attend. Call the high school office at 406-782-6761 for reservations or deliveries. The deadline for delivery reservations is 2 p.m. Friday, Nov. 10. There is no cost for delivery or to attend the dinner in person.
The Butte Central Education Foundation and Butte Central Catholic High School host an alumni memorial Mass at 2 p.m. at the Butte Central Elementary gymnasium. The Mass is dedicated to the schools' deceased alumni, faculty, staff, and friends. Following Mass, a reception will be held in the Butte Central Elementary gymnasium. Coffee and refreshments will be served.
Next year marks the 100th anniversary of Anaconda's Washoe Smelter Stack. Plans are underway to celebrate the centennial event on Smeltermen's Day on Aug. 8, 2018. To get involved, people are invited to a start-up meeting at 1:45 p.m. at the Anaconda Chamber of Commerce, 306 E. Park St., Anaconda.
The Exchange Club of Butte hosts an informal social from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at the Quarry Brewery's grand ballroom, 124 W. Broadway St. For reservations, call Doug at 406-491-6039 or go to www.butteexchangeclub.org.
A transgender workshop is from 7 to 9 p.m. in the Montana Tech Student Union Building Kelley-Con Room. The evening will feature discussion of issues affecting transgender people in the U.S., education, and support. It's hosted by PFLAG. Details: John and Helen Cummings at 406-498-0793.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Butte Exchange Club meets weekly on Tuesdays at noon at 16 E. Granite St. on the second floor. Details: Steve at 406-782-4253.
- Uptown Toasters meet at noon Tuesday at the Butte Archives, 17 W. Quartz St. The public is always welcome to attend. Details: 406-782-3280.
- Ladies Ancient Order of Hibernians meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the community room at The Springs, 300 Mount Highland Dr. A memorial service for deceased members will be held, and the Christmas dinner and donations will be discussed.
- Men's AOH will have a meeting at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Carpenters Union Hall. An initiation of new members will precede the meeting.
- Open AA meetings start at 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays at the United Congregational Church, 2945 Bayard St. Details: 406-560-7330.